Votes

Tapo L920/L930 Wi-Fi Light Strip - Specify Hex Codes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Custom Colour Values in Tapo App ( HEX or RGB ). Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Custom Colour Values in Tapo App ( HEX or RGB ). Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 07:01:29 - last edited 2023-07-28 10:33:54

The only way to set a specific colour in the tapo app is through "Effects-->Color Painting". Within the "Color Painting" section you can select a color. A color wheel is displayed that allows you to select a color with your finger, and the corresponding 6-digit hex code is displayed in the top right.

However, there is no way to enter a hex code directly. This makes it extremely difficult to select a specific colour, and is especially frustrating if you want to select a "normal" white light type color. How exactly can I replicate 2700K colour temperature by guessing with my finger on a colour wheel? (Note: the white light selection is not so much of a problem on the L930 as it has dedicated white LEDs, and therefore has extra options for white type colours. However, the option to pick other colours directly with a hex code would still be a very useful addition.)

In the end I have to resort to the Google Home app which provides more options, which is kind of disappointing, and reduces the ability to use the useful features of the Tapo app.

Feature Request:

Allow the input of 6-digiti hex codes when selecting colours in the tapo app.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo L920/L930 Wi-Fi Light Strip - Specify Hex Codes
2023-07-28 10:32:58 - last edited 2023-07-28 10:33:21

@thetestspecimen 

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. There's already a feature request post with a similar requirement, and it has received some votes and comments. I'll integrate your post into that discussion. You can go there to vote and share your thoughts.

If there are other users with the same need, please join in, vote, and comment on this thread Custom Colour Values in Tapo App ( HEX or RGB )as well. Having all related content in one place will help us better understand what users are looking for. Thank you!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1150

Replies: 1