HomeShield subscription

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HomeShield subscription

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HomeShield subscription
HomeShield subscription
2023-09-03 08:58:03 - last edited 2023-09-06 23:25:49
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230601 Rel. 58453

What does a subscription for "Total Security Package" and "Advanced Parental Controls" get me?

And what is the "TP-Link Prime" Avira license and what Avira features and products can I use on my home devices with the above?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HomeShield subscription-Solution
2023-09-06 11:58:21 - last edited 2023-09-06 23:25:49

@raven-au

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Under the Subscription page, there are the following features listed under Advanced Parental control:

Basic(without a subscription): Internet Pause/block specific websites/Content Filter.

Advanced: Flexible Bedtime/Offtime/Time limits/Time Rewards/insights and reports

It is quite like the last version of HomeShield Pro if you have subscribed before.

(If you want to know some detailed configuration of certain features, you could leave a comment and I might find your screenshots later.)

For the Total security package, Now it has two parts: Security+ Device Antivirus ( for iOS,Android,Windows and Mac).

The Device Antivirus part is what you see about "TP-Link Prime":https://www.avira.com/en/prime-tplink

So the features listed here are provided via an individual software which needs to be installed separately on the devices

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HomeShield subscription-Solution
2023-09-06 11:58:21 - last edited 2023-09-06 23:25:49

@raven-au

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Under the Subscription page, there are the following features listed under Advanced Parental control:

Basic(without a subscription): Internet Pause/block specific websites/Content Filter.

Advanced: Flexible Bedtime/Offtime/Time limits/Time Rewards/insights and reports

It is quite like the last version of HomeShield Pro if you have subscribed before.

(If you want to know some detailed configuration of certain features, you could leave a comment and I might find your screenshots later.)

For the Total security package, Now it has two parts: Security+ Device Antivirus ( for iOS,Android,Windows and Mac).

The Device Antivirus part is what you see about "TP-Link Prime":https://www.avira.com/en/prime-tplink

So the features listed here are provided via an individual software which needs to be installed separately on the devices

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HomeShield subscription
2023-09-06 23:30:39

@David-TP thanks for this.

I think the only other thing I need to know about this is, with the Total Security Package, the number of devices that can be protected under a subscription.

It looks like, but I need to confirm, you can use it on as many mobile devices as you need but I don't know if I'm able to protect all the computers I have in the household.

Options
Re:HomeShield subscription
2023-11-02 15:55:41

@David-TP Is it possible to provide current pricing for the Total Security Package please?  And is the HomeShield Pro required so that that also needs to be paid, if yes what is the annual fee for that?  I would like to factor these costs when comparing routers from other manufacturers.

TIA!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 523

Replies: 3

Related Articles