Votes

Smart Power Strip for rack mounted applications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-16 21:49:21 - last edited 2023-09-18 00:55:07
Tags: #Rack Mounted Smart Power
Model: HS300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I was hoping that TP-Link will come out with a rack mounted version of the Kasa HS300 Smart Power Strip.

Ideally, this would be a unit that could support a wired network connection with wifi as an option or module (lots of server locations do not want any sort of wifi).

I feel it would be a nice additional mechanical feature to have the ability to rotate the direction the outlets face. Having a 1U sized unit where upon installation, the outlets could face forward, backward, up or down. Having the power cord and RJ-45 ports, able to rotate separate from the 120v sockets and RJ-45 ports would offer a user even more flexibility, but most likely not worth the hassle.

More easily, how about a 2U sized mounting bracket for a HS300? Also with the ability to rotate the strip depending on deployment needs? I intend to design one myself, but I'm sure a company manufactured one would be a lot nicer. 

Does this forum support hashtags?
#powerstrip #rackmount #HS300 #serverpower #smartpowerstrip #smartpower

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Power Strip for rack mounted applications
2023-09-19 02:13:51

@BMLortz 

A smart PDU power strip appears to be a completely new product idea rather than a simple optimization of a home smart power strip. It may be more suitable for individuals with a leaning towards IT technology and is best suited for scenarios involving multiple network devices. Its application in everyday life may be somewhat limited.

Let's see if anyone else is also interested in this type of product. Community users, feel free to leave your comment below!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 301

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

Rack Mounted Smart Power