can't find a "doorbell" smart action in TAPO app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 11:57:21 - last edited 2023-10-07 09:24:03
Model: Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 220728 Rel. 154816

Smart Button S200B  linked to Tapo H100 hub  in order to build a doorbell.

Unfortunately looking at the the Tapo app, in the "smart action" list  i find no such a thing as the "doorbell  action" entry.  In youtube videos I can see that such a action is there. In my app it doesn't. Maybe such feature was dropped in a recent version?

I have tried the on/off action on a P100 switch and this one works fine, so the rest should be ok.

Thank you for any hint you could provide.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:can't find a "doorbell" smart action in TAPO app-Solution
2023-09-27 12:13:20 - last edited 2023-10-07 09:24:03

The "Explore Smart Actions" is a shortcut that only provides several typical scenarios that can be implemented using this product. As there are many automation can be achieved by using Tapo smart devices, this tab cannot cover all the cases. It's possibly a App or UI update if you don't see the Doorbell option there. 

You can simply achieve this need by navigating to the Smart tab in the Tapo App, clicking "+" icon to add a new automation rule.

To Learn more about TP-Link Smart Action: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:can't find a "doorbell" smart action in TAPO app
2023-09-19 08:51:45

the "doorbell action" is missing.

no doorbell action in TAPO  app

According to youtube videos, it should be at the very bottom of the list.

Options
2023-09-20 14:21:27

@ppb56 

Hi, I recently bought a smart hub and button combo to do the smart doorbell. But I am also having the same issue as you. Here in the UK I am unable to see the option to build a smart doorbell. Perhaps it's a regional thing?

I have found a way to use the button as a doorbell and have the hub make a ringing noise. But there are no push notifications to my phone which is what I had wanted. 

Maybe there will be an update for Europe soon which allows this 

Options
2023-09-23 09:25:02

Would the TP-Link Customer Care staff possibly care to comment? Thank you.

Options
Re:can't find a "doorbell" smart action in TAPO app-Solution
2023-09-27 12:13:20 - last edited 2023-10-07 09:24:03

The "Explore Smart Actions" is a shortcut that only provides several typical scenarios that can be implemented using this product. As there are many automation can be achieved by using Tapo smart devices, this tab cannot cover all the cases. It's possibly a App or UI update if you don't see the Doorbell option there. 

You can simply achieve this need by navigating to the Smart tab in the Tapo App, clicking "+" icon to add a new automation rule.

To Learn more about TP-Link Smart Action: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-01 12:57:32

@Wayne-TP 

Wayne-TP wrote

Thank you for your hint. I created a new rule, and it mostly works (except the ring duration doesn't  reflect how long i pushed the button,  shortest ring time is 5 seconds).

Anyway, my problem is solved. Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1077

Replies: 5

Related Articles