Delay on button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Delay on button

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Delay on button
Delay on button
2023-10-03 18:19:02
Model: Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.10.0

I have the button controlling lighting. 1 click to turn on 5 lights and 2 clicks turns on other 5 lights. Rotating to do brightness.

Ridiculous delay and sometimes do nothing.

Strong internet.. is it the button or the h100 hub at fault. Literally unusable and waste if money. In app the lights are instant. No delay.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Delay on button
2023-10-07 08:36:13

@EddEdEddy 

Please ensure all your devices have the latest firmware, upgrade the Tapo App if it is not updated. 

Can you try to control only one device at a time, and check if the delay still exists? How about controlling the lights directly with Tapo App?

Try to create an automation without using the smart button S200B for testing.

Please share your network topology here. What's the model of your router? Any network extension devices? 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-08 09:07:54

@EddEdEddy i got the same problem on one of my switches... I got a few other ones, S220 and S200 too. No problem with the others, i even added a second hub, nearer, it worked well the first few minutes and the problem came back, even with new batteries... When using direct control via the app to my light i have no problem, it seems that the switch himself takes a lot of time to send the command... If someone can help us...

Options
2023-11-08 09:08:43
the firmware is up to date
Options
2023-11-10 07:13:19

@SebGoldWing 

Can you check S200B's Event Log and the History record for automation to confirm if the recorded times are delayed as well?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-24 12:32:01

@EddEdEddy 

I had extensive issues exactly like this for a couple of months particularly with one of my half dozen buttons. After heaps of trouble shooting and going through everything I could including hub pings etc, I finally just replaced the battery with a premium quality lithium one. Incredibly it seems to have fixed the issue. I have a dozen sensors purchased from the same seller at the same time and it was the only one with an issue. The batteries on the others are all fine. I don't know for sure, but my gut feeling is that the battery was defective and not always providing the correct current to the device. Sometimes it would work, other times not. Literally not one single issue in over a week since I used the better battery though. 

Options
2023-11-24 12:41:31

@SebGoldWing 

Have you tried a decent quality battery as a premium lithium seems to have fixed my issue since replacing the original. I'd personally avoid alkaline when replacing the batteries for the same reasons I do in vintage cameras. 

Options
2023-11-24 15:34:53

@Meteorites 

I haven't tried a battery yet.  I bought the tapo smart switch to turn them on and off and now use the button for colour and brightness. Still doesn't work properly  so I will definitely try the battery and report back. 

Cheers

Options
2023-11-25 06:08:00

@EddEdEddy 

Fingers crossed it works for you too! 🤞🏻 

Options
2024-03-08 22:42:06

@EddEdEddy Have you managed to resolve it? I tried battery and everything else I could think of and no luck, have exactly the same problems with both the switches I bought. 

Options
2024-03-11 07:54:47

@Arek_G 

You may raise a new thread for the problem you've encountered. Every individual's network topology, quality, environmental layout (possible interference), and device software/hardware versions differ, making the causes of issues quite varied. If you could share specific details about your device and network in your post, we could engage in a focused discussion and analysis tailored to your particular case.

Options