Tapo L530 not responding to app at all

2023-10-25 20:58:13

Recently bought 4 Tapo L530 bulbs. 2 of them work fine, but the other 2 just will not cooperate. I installed one and after one day it dropped responding to app at all. I did soft reset, then hard reset and over and over again - will show in the app, show network is excellent but would not respond to any actions. I then replaced it with the second bulb - same story. Any advice?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo L530 not responding to app at all
2023-10-26 10:36:36

@WaldB 

What's the hardware and firmware version of the L530? How about the version of your Tapo App? Please make sure everything is updated to obtain the best performance.

Do they display in the App? Or just not responding to the control? Test whether you can control the light bulb when connecting to the local WiFi.

If this problem occurs with remote control only, try to restart the router. Check to see if you have accidentally limited the internet connection to these two bulbs, for example by setting up access control, or parental control.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-10-26 15:57:31

@Wayne-TP 

latest firmware (1.1.0 build 230823 ref 163903), latest app (3.0.509)

They display in the app yes. Just not responding to control. What do you mean local wi-fi? What other kind of wi-fi people have at home? All tested at home on the same wi-fi network.

i run Ubiquiti network and all the right privileges given to bulb. No other smart home device (of which there is 100+) exhibits this behavior

Options
2023-10-30 09:48:32

@WaldB 

Please share the Mac address of these two light bulbs with me via private message. 

Try to control the light bulb again and provide me with the exact time of your operation (e.g. 17:35 pm 30th Oct), as well as your time zone. Support team will help to check if there is any abnormal record.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 340

Replies: 3

Related Articles