Can Tapo cameras be added to Kasa Care plan

2023-11-11 07:29:52 - last edited 2023-11-11 07:35:01

I've had a few KC115* cameras at home but one broke a while ago, and Kasa cameras have been in short supply. The chain I bought them from no longer carries them. Those I can see for sale are about twice the price of the those I purchased before!

After struggling through a variety of TP-Link sites I am still not clear on whether I can have Kasa and Tapo cameras together on one app and one subscription plan. If Kasa cameras are being deprecated it seems like a waste of time buying another unsupported device.

The FAQ page for Smart Cameras doesn't mention any options other than Kasa, and the Kasa app has only a limited number of supported models.

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/

I also can't see a simple distinction between the two camera sub-brands. So not sure whether it's just easier to junk my existing cameras and Kasa plan and move to a different vendor.

*For some reason this is not a recognised model number in the field above 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can Tapo cameras be added to Kasa Care plan
2023-11-13 10:11:28

@MikeOz 

Tapo and Kasa are distinct smart home product brands with their own apps and devices, initially not compatible with each other. However, a recent Tapo 3.0 App update has bridged this gap. Now, you can manage and control Kasa devices within the Tapo App (please note that Tapo devices are still not supported in the Kasa App).

Furthermore, Tapo offers a premium cloud service called Tapo Care. With this integration, Kasa cameras can now be included in the Tapo Care plan. This allows Kasa cameras to access additional features that are not supported by Kasa Care.

Related Articles

Meet Brand-New Tapo 3.0 App

General questions about linking Kasa devices to Tapo App

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles