Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

18 Reply
Re:Cameras - google home integration not working
2024-06-01 14:01:15

@NeilMB I'm afarid I've decided to return my TAPO Camera. It seems the world isn't as integrated as it should be and that's made me re-think my options.

Options
Re:Cameras - google home integration not working
2024-06-03 19:31:47 - last edited 2024-06-03 19:32:24

@Solla-topee This needs addressing with some urgency.

Please ensure you escalate this and issue a fixed this quarter to avoid loss of consumer confidence and the subsequent reduction of revenue.

If you need further assistance, please speak to you Line Manager.

Solla-topee wrote

@DSpect 

Hi,
The Google Home app helps link the TP-Link devices under the TP-Link account with the Google devices, and a Google Home hub or any smart display that supports Chromecast(such as a TV with built-in Chromecast) is needed to watch the camera. It's unable to use the Google Home app to stream the camera's live feed, but you can use the Tapo app to stream the camera's live feed. Below are the instructions to set up the Google Home work with Tapo cameras.
How to control Tapo/Kasa camera by Google Home with voice commands?

Thank you very much for your feedback here, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether the feature to stream the camera's live feed on the Google Home app can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
Re:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-06-03 19:47:21

EVERYONE PLEASE UPVOTE THIS THREAD. 

This topic is starting to get community attention, we need to keep upvoting to get Tplink/Tapo to react.

Options
Re:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-06-04 07:24:54

@DSpect 

Here is what I expect to be able to do, but alas it's not possible [allowed] at the moment and it may not be, but here it is from the consumer point of view.

I'm expecting there to be four components which integrate together and allow choice at each level.

• Level 1 - The Physical Devices: The Cameras, Speakers, Displays, Thermostats, whatever. I should be able to purchase from any manufacturer based on the features I want and it should work the same, based on the integration specifications.
  • Level 2 - The Integration Application. The app which the user interacts with to View, Control and Schedule their devices. Google Home, Samsung Smartthings, or whoever.
  • Level 3 - The Digital Services. The Music Streaming, VOD, Cloud Storage, whatever. I should be free to subscribe to whichever service I like and it should integrate with my applications and devices.
  • Level 4 - The Voice Assistant. Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, or whoever, I should be able to talk to my assistants and it should be able to work with my services and devices. You can argue these are either Level 3 services or part of Level 2 Applications, also.

With that level of integration and co-operation I should be able to ask my assistant to play my music on any of my devices which support music playing. Or, stream any video to any device which supports playing videos. I should be able to configure my security cameras to use whichever cloud storage I'm subscribed to. I should be able to view that storage on any integrated application, as well as live feed from the devices. I should be able to configure which devices [speakers, displays and phones] are triggered when events happen. Such as when someone presses the doorbell. I want that to be announced on home speakers, but maybe not all.

You can see where I'm going with this. I want to have some choice and freedom and my things integrate and work together as I choose.

I don't want to have to subscribe to a separate service from each hardware vendor. The current situation is like not being able to plug in a Samsung Fridge in, because I have a Whirlpool washing machine and the Power and Water connections aren't compatible between the two companies. It's that stupid.

Options
RE:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2 weeks ago
This is also one of the reasons I bought this camera. I was definitely wanting it to be all in the Google home.app.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

ya. Just got to know of it after purchasing the same model and not being able to view feed in Google home. 

It's just tapo trying to cheat their customers. 

Options
2 weeks ago

@DrSamuel I think it's a general problem of the industry not just TP Link. Whilst not entirely sure I think there is a bit of technical and licensing restrictions in the way of cooperation. Plus a factor of each company wanting to to carve out their slice of the the cloud service subscription market.

it all boils down to a frustrating experience for us consum

Options
RE:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
a week ago
I'm planning to buy MANY Tapo Cameras i already another 3x Cameras even the oldest Foscam >5y old i can View in Google Home App?! Please implement this! Thanks
Options

Voters 9

+ 5 Voters