Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

Votes

Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.

35 Reply
RE:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-08-11 04:00:00

@Mikeisangry 

how did you accomplish this? Please share. Ty

Options
RE:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-08-12 06:38:19
Just adding my vote to this one. Not that it will make a difference because TP-link seems to have it's own agenda for which features get worked on, and it doesn't seem to reflect the number of votes each idea receives here.
Options
Re:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-08-12 06:43:15 - last edited 2024-08-12 06:44:20

@DSpect  good luck with that. I agree it's a great feature...but then so is the ability to delete an individual file from the app - rather than the laughable suggestion to "remove the card from the camera and put it in a windows pc"...

Really? On a Ceiling mounted camera? You want me to get a ladder every time I want to delete a single file?

The idea has nearly three times the votes that the Google home integration one has...but doesn't appear in the "most popular" sticky post by @Solla_topee

Options
2024-08-14 13:18:29
Please ...
Options
Re:Cameras - google home / assistant integration not working - FALSE ADVERTISING BY TAPO.
2024-08-21 23:35:30

@DSpect I just purchased 3 only to discover this exact same issue.  It is completely misleading and I have already boxed mine up and prepared to ship them back.  This is false advertising.

Options
2024-08-22 00:19:09 - last edited 2024-08-22 00:20:11

Yes, Tapo - Google integration is virtually non-existent. Related thread - https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/631660

Options
Re:Cameras - google home integration not working
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee Ok so it's what, a year later almost and this is still a problem. I am returning th Tapo cameras I just bought. What is the point of having a camera that integrates with Google Home if you can't view the stream in Google Home? I will buy another product. I am also annoyed that it is not made clear that this incredibly vital function is not available. 

Options
a week ago
yes, bring this feature over!
Options
a week ago
I would like to see this feature in the C210 camera
Options
Saturday

This is definitely disappointing. I hope TP-Link holds to their promise and adds previews in the app. For everyone complaining about the deceptive marketing, this is an issue with how Google qualifies certification of the logo. We need to lodge complaints with Google to get this addressed and make camera previews a minimum requirement moving forward.

Options

Voters 19

+ 15 Voters