LED Light Strip Won't Turn Off !

2023-11-23 17:48:01
Model: Tapo L900-5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi 

I have an issue with one of my led light strips which won't turn off at all, either via the app or when pressing the control button. I have tried to reset it but still it remains on and it turns to red when the lights are supposed to turn off.

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:LED Light Strip Won't Turn Off !
2023-11-24 07:13:03

@SanjayChadha 

Do you have a spare controller? Try to switch to a new one.

Where is the light strip attached? Metal cabinets, wood cabinets, tile walls?

How did you reset it? Refer to this instruction to ensure the steps are performed correctly. How to Reset Tapo Light Strip

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-11-26 10:58:43
Hi Wayne, I don't have another spare controller but there has to be another way to reset it properly and get it to work again. The light strip is on the wall in my daughter's room and it is just a plain wall, not tiled or anything. I reset it via the app and reinstalled it and followed the instructions that were given but still the problem exists. I do have other lights strips - some opened and some not but if this is a common issue then this has me wondering about the other lights that I have in the house. Many thanks
Options
2023-11-28 07:52:41

@SanjayChadha 

Please factory reset the device for a try.  Is your other light strip also the Tapo L900? Use their controller on this light strip for testing.

It's not a common issue. If the problem disappears after replacing the controller and the problem occurs on another tapo light strip when the controller in question is connected to them, this is a hardware failure of the controller. In this case, please contact the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with the warranty.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-09 16:49:38
Hi Wayne, I have the exact same issue. It doesn’t turn off, it goes full red. What can I do? I did all the resets possible. Thank you
Options
2024-01-16 12:09:10

@Mav77 

Kindly check your private message for following up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 5

Related Articles