Matter Smart Switch and homekit

2023-11-25 15:40:18
Model: KP125MP2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

The matter switches add to HomeKit with ease however I was interested in updating the firmware and also seeing if I could monitor the energy in the tp link app and also use in home kit. I deleted the one plug I added in home kit and reset it. The second plug I hadn't added yet to HK I added to the Kasa app, updated the firmware and then added to HK successfully. The first plug which I had removed from HK I reset and added to Kasa app, ran firmware update and attempted to add to HK again. However this one says it s already added to another home when I do this. It'll work in the Kasa app but won't let me add to HomeKit and Kasa app. Anyone know why or what I might do to have it working in both places like the other plug?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Matter Smart Switch and homekit
2023-11-29 09:16:12

@Jmacdaddy 

A new Matter setup code will be required when adding the matter device to the second matter controller. 

Check the tips here! How to add your Matter-Certified device into multiple controllers

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 1

Related Articles