Implement more precise notification categories on Android

2023-12-11 09:14:24
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo T300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I'm using some T300 water leak detectors in combination with the H100 hub.

Everything works flawlessly, however I'd like to add a louder and longer notification sound for notifications on my Android phone just in case of water leaks detected.

At the moment on my phone I only have three notification categories (as in the attached screenshot): Notifications, Miscellaneous and doorbell.

I was able to achieve this by changing the notification sound for "Miscellaneous" category, but it is too broad, since for instance, it also applies also to "water leak resolved" notification.

It would be a nice-to-have feature to add also at least an "Alarm fired" category that is used only when an alarm of any kind is fired (or even better, to get a category for each alarm type, like "water leak alarm fired", "motion detection alarm fired", ...). Alarm resolved notifications should belong to another category.

Thanks,

Igor

File:
Screenshot_2023-12-11-09-55-38-95_8142442b4340f41fb3bd44535ad8f76b.jpgDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Implement more precise notification categories on Android
2024-01-07 18:06:03 - last edited 2024-01-07 18:06:28

@Igor87 

I think that currently ALL the notifications fall into the miscellaneous category, what is very bad...

For example cameras motion detection also triggers the miscellaneous notification, and the same for the contract sensors.

Is this true for everyone, or just for me?

Options
Re:Implement more precise notification categories on Android
2024-03-25 09:42:42

It's the same for me. 

In my case I get the same custom sound when motion/alarm is triggered or when I receive the weekly summary.

For the Devs, please implement this (can't add external link to Android Dev page)

Add channels for the different things depending on the device

Options
RE:Implement more precise notification categories on Android
2024-03-25 09:43:22
Add separate notification channels on Android
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 139

Replies: 3

Voters 2