Please fix your app and take responsibility! We broke our cameras because of your app's bug.

Please fix your app and take responsibility! We broke our cameras because of your app's bug.

34 Reply
Re:Please fix your app and take responsibility! We broke our cameras because of your app's bug.
2024-03-31 17:03:56

I have exactly the same issue: after upgrading from 1.3.6 to 1.3.9 it hangs with just the four IR leds fixed turned on.

I tried to manually upload firmware from SD even with some old firmware but nothing to do, neither reset can be done.

I read many people with exactly the same issue. I didn't find any solution posted yet.

Options
Re:Please fix your app and take responsibility! We broke our cameras because of your app's bug.
2024-04-01 08:39:13
I'm another one affected.
Options
3 weeks ago

same, one more paperweight
obviously this is a scam by tp-link to get us to buy a new one, it's too much of a coincidence that 1 week after the warranty runs out it's bricked, my network signal is perfect and I have UPS it's impossible for it to have been interrupted. It's time to find another decent brand and never go back to this one again

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@LUI7US  here in Brasil I've received a good respnse from TPLink. They have taken my camera (expired warranty) and given a new one to me after I complainted in "Reclame aqui", a popular site in Brasil where you can complaint about products and services. My problem was handled very well by them in the local team in Brasil.

Nickatsikas wrote

Hello,

so I'm not the only one encountered this issue with your app.

I entered the app and had a message showing that the firmware update 1.3.9 is ready to install. Since my C200 had the 1.3.6 version I accepted the "update now" the app offered me. Right after my acceptance the app throwed me a notification that my device can't receive the update because has already the latest firmware version installed, which was not true because at the same time was showing that I am on the 1.3.6 version. The app offered me again to update to the new 1.3.9 vetsion, I accepted again the new update but my C200 lost connection afterwards and never started again. Now only the 2 red LEDs lit up but device does nothing.

Please take responsibility of your fault in the app and replace my device which was working perfectly for 3 years before this issue, that I have encountered because of the bug in your app.

Your app was showing the message "Device can't be updated because it has the latest firmware version installed" instead of "Warning - Update in progress - Let the device alone" that should be showing, since many of us we don't have the device installed next to us to see the green light blinking indicating that something different from "Device can't be updated" is going on... That's a serious app's fault! 

I have many TP-Link products, I have done 100+ firmware updates on them and I prefer TP-Link over the competitors, but this one is unacceptable!

In the link below you will see others that also encountered the same issue with me by the recent 1.3.9 firmware update.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TpLink/comments/186fnbx/tapo_c200_bricked_because_of_firmware_update/

Please contact TP-LINK ENTERPRISE HELLAS and let them know that your app killed my Tapo C200 and order them to send me a replacement Tapo C200 (widely available model currently in the Greek market) to any TP-Link cooperating store in Athens they prefer, I'm able to go there with my bike, give them the "brick" in its original box/package and get the replacement. 

again my respect about their products, that Ive never had problem with them.

Options
Related Articles