Kaza hub loses internet connect once every 2 weeks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-21 08:53:19 - last edited 2024-01-05 07:27:23
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Hi,

my Hub gets disconnected every 2 weeks if this is what the orange LED (not blinking, permanent) is indicating. 

I have tried the proposed solutions. 

The problem does not resolve unless i unplug it. Internet connectivity is fine, other devices continue to work. Also there was like no new connection set up by my provider. 

I cannot have to keep unplugging the device every 2 weeks and my automation going unwanted direction in that time. 

There are no events in the event logged. Can the support please help me, otherwise i need to return all my kaza/tapo sensors/thermostats. 

Best regards,

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kaza hub loses internet connect once every 2 weeks
2023-12-26 06:56:37 - last edited 2024-01-05 07:26:55

@xyz012873 

Do you own a Kasa hub KH100 or a Tapo hub Tapo H100? Either way, please ensure device's firmware are always updated, as well as the App.

What's the model of your router? Does it have a separate 2.4GHz WiFi?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-02 08:41:00 - last edited 2024-01-05 07:26:55

Hi Wayne-TP,

i own a Kasa hub KH100. Both the firmware and the app are up to date. 

It is a Zyxel one branded with my ISP, therefore i can't see the model number. 

I do have a single 2,4 GHZ network and a seperate 5 GHZ where most devices are connect too. 

Best regards

Options
2024-01-05 07:39:07

@xyz012873 

Have you ever checked whether the KH100 hub still connects to the router's 2.4GHz WiFi when this issue occurs? 

We need to rule out whether the device is only disconnected from the cloud server or whether it is disconnected along with the WiFi connection. 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the tech team, who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-05 08:28:52

Hi  @Wayne-TP ok excellent, yes they did already. I will do this and reply later here to with progress and outcome. 

Options