Holiday Vibe! 70 New Unique Lighting Effects in Light Strip with "Tapo Lighting Effects 2.0"

Holiday Vibe! 70 New Unique Lighting Effects in Light Strip with "Tapo Lighting Effects 2.0"

2023-12-22 11:28:49 - last edited 2024-04-03 06:58:08
Tags: #What’s New #Lighting Effect 2.0
Model: Tapo L930-5   Tapo L920-5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Experience Immersive Lighting with Tapo Lighting Effects 2.0

With the unveiling of Lighting Effect 2.0, a dazzling array of new effects awaits your selection. Dive into 70 unique lighting effects spanning seven different types, catering to a myriad of scenes, from festive atmospheres to everyday settings like sleep, gaming, and movies. There are even lighting effects tailored to different mood themes.

Not enough? Challenge your creativity with customized effects! Six new rhythmic effects are ready. Let's design your lighting themes!

Diverse Lighting Atmospheres

Lighting Effects 2.0 introduces an expanded collection of 70 unique lighting scenes across seven categories. There's an ambiance for every occasion, from festive ones like Halloween, Christmas, and New Year to everyday scenarios such as Sleep, Gaming, Movies, and Alerts. Create the perfect atmosphere to suit your mood and environment.

Enhanced Customization

• Color Painting

Color Painting feature allows segment-based color customization, brightness adjustment, and segment control. Let your creativity flow as you paint your space with vibrant colors and stunning lighting effects. Take control and make your lights truly unique and captivating.

• More Dynamic Effects.  

Let's meet Cascade, Radiate, Building Blocks, Cycle, Flicker, and Breathing, challenge yourself and create the One-and-Only effect.

• Adjustable Predefine Light Effects

Refine the vibe by tweaking colors, animation speed, or brightness for the predefined effects with a simple edit.

Available on

• Tapo L930 1.0 Firmware 1.1.2

• Tapo L920 1.0 Firmware 1.1.3

Update Tapo App to 3.1.1 or higher version to enjoy this feature!

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
12 Reply
Can't Edit Predefined Effects In New Update
2024-02-29 19:52:14

@Wayne-TP Hello!

Led light Tapo L920

My tapo app just updated to this new version. But I'm a bit confused since I now only can make custom effects in the new effects menu, the old one is gone. I cannot chose a predefined effect and change colour, speed and brightness level. Is this a bug? The new "enhanced customization" doesn't really do much in my opinion. I have some old custom effects made from the old custom menu that i can still use and change, but if I reinstall the app or have to re connect to the led light, I will lose those good custom effects.

Options
2024-03-01 07:13:36

@Wayne-TP In my app, that's no longer possible. When I click "create new" in the custom tab, I only get the new customization options, as seen in the screenshot I added.

File:
Screenshot_20240301_081037_Tapo.jpgDownload
Options
2024-03-01 07:57:30

@blueearth 

It's not "Create New". In the Custom tab, find a predefined effect, such as "Aurora 1", then click its Edit button.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-03-01 08:59:59

@Wayne-TP This is what the custom tab looks like for me, there is no predefined effects. I can only see the custom effects that I have already created.

Options
2024-03-01 09:00:28

@blueearth woops, forgot the picture!

File:
Screenshot_20240301_095817_Tapo.jpgDownload
Options
2024-03-04 01:35:38

@blueearth 

Is your device updated? Which Tapo App version are you using?

Options
2024-03-09 15:56:35

@Wayne-TP Yes, my phone is updated. Im using the android version, 3.2.974, the latest version on google play.

Options
2024-03-12 03:24:50

@blueearth 

Did you create all the Rainbow light effects (1 to 5)? It really looks like a provided template to me.

Options
2024-03-12 06:07:10

@Wayne-TP Yes, I made them before the app updated. But I can't make any new ones and I can't make any changes to those. I thought about resetting the light strip, but then I will lose the custom ones that I made before the update.

Options
2024-03-12 09:50:13

@blueearth 

Actually, i just figured it out, creating a new lighting effect based on a predefined lighting effect is not supported on the latest update.

On my app, the custom lighting effects weren't renamed when created previously, making them look like a predefined lighting effect. 

Since you have created some templates, if you edit them now, you can still select any of the previous light effects and make adjustments to them based on the default colour combinations and speeds of this light effect, but of course, this profile setting is overwritten when the new changes are saved.

We don't know yet if there are plans to add this feature back or if it will no longer be supported, this depends on the planning of the relevant departments. However, you can submit a feature request here to let us know the user's real usage needs, and we can synchronise the feedback with the relevant department for re-evaluation. Tapo Feature Request

May I know which part of the feature you like most? Animation speed? Or do you prefer the colour scheme given by the predefined effect?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 796

Replies: 12

Tags

What’s New
Lighting Effect 2.0
Related Articles