Holiday Vibe! 70 New Unique Lighting Effects in Light Strip with "Tapo Lighting Effects 2.0"

Holiday Vibe! 70 New Unique Lighting Effects in Light Strip with "Tapo Lighting Effects 2.0"

12 Reply
Can't Edit Predefined Effects In New Update
2024-03-12 19:02:14

@Wayne-TP Well that's good to know, I thought I was just stupid XD I'm probably gonna try and rollback the app to the old version because quite frankly, the new custom options suck. There's no option to change the animation speed, the animation are kinda boring overall and none of the animations have gradual colour changes. It feels like the animations on cheap led lights, if you know what I mean.

Thank you so much for all the help! 

Options
Can't Edit Predefined Effects In New Update
2024-03-14 12:47:09

@Wayne-TP 

I completely agree - there are some new things I like about the app, but the effects changes are pretty big. It was easy to make a desirable custom effect before, although a bit limited by having to create it based on an existing effect. However, the new custom effect feature is actually not very useful since it's not possible to edit the speed and brightness. I'm thankful my previous custom effects are still available, but I'm terrified to edit them for fear that they will be lost forever. It would be great to bring back the option to make a custom effect based on an existing one. And it would be great to be able to save an effect as a shortcut, AND be able to select its brightness in the same shortcut. 

One other major element that's missing is that it's not possible to access effects or shortcuts with Google assistant. Many of us use our smart lighting so that we can control them by voice, and other manufacturers are able to save a shortcut or snapshot as a "scene" that is accessible by Google voice, but Tapo doesn't do it. 

Options

Tags

What’s New
Lighting Effect 2.0
Related Articles