Problematic Bulb - Need Help/Advice
Problematic Bulb - Need Help/Advice
2024-01-22 11:35:12 - last edited 2024-01-24 02:39:19
Tags: #Smart Actions #Bulb
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with one of my main L530E bulbs and haven't been able to resolve. The bulb is set to activate only with a Tapo T100 motion sensor and has been working well for around 9 months or so. Over the past week, it hasn't been turning on. The motion sensor is working and the app is recording sensor detections but the automation is no longer activating.

If I turn the automation off, refresh all automations (i.e. pull down), turn automation back on and refresh again; the automation will work once before stopping again. 

I tried deleting and rebuilding a new automation. Same result. 

I tried removing the bulb from my devices and reinstalling again. Same result. Although I will not one odd thing. I had to set the bulb up 100% again from scratch. I've never had to do that with previously used bulbs before because the setup has always detected it as "previously used" and cuts out half the setup. 

I'm not sure what else to do at this stage. I have around 50 devices and dozens of automations and this is the only device and automation not working. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problematic Bulb - Need Help/Advice-Solution
2024-01-23 13:09:10 - last edited 2024-01-24 02:39:19

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the suggestions Wayne. I've just created tests for both of those suggestions and both tests functioned normally. Interestingly the bulb and it's usual automation now also seems to be functioning ok now too. I've just done at least 6 or 7 consecutive tests with that normal automation and its functioning fine without resetting anything. 

What's more interesting is if I look at the motion sensor history, it shows dozens of activations a day without the automation it triggered listed next to it. It's nearly two weeks of history like that. It now shows the consecutive tests I just did and the corresponding automations next to each detection. 

I have no idea if these tests have somehow resolved the issue but it seems that way on face value. I'll keep my fingers crossed and monitor it over the coming days. Thanks again. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problematic Bulb - Need Help/Advice
2024-01-23 06:14:42

@Meteorites 

Can you check whether you can control this light bulb remotely with Tapo App? Such as when using cellular data or connecting to a different WiFi?

Try to do some comparison tests:

1. Create an automation triggered by the motion sensor to turn on a different light bulb.

2. Create an automation to turn on this problem light bulb, set the Trigger as the time or the status changes of a different device (such as another light bulb, e.g. when bulb A turns on, then turn on bulb B.)

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Problematic Bulb - Need Help/Advice-Solution
2024-01-23 13:09:10 - last edited 2024-01-24 02:39:19

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks for the suggestions Wayne. I've just created tests for both of those suggestions and both tests functioned normally. Interestingly the bulb and it's usual automation now also seems to be functioning ok now too. I've just done at least 6 or 7 consecutive tests with that normal automation and its functioning fine without resetting anything. 

What's more interesting is if I look at the motion sensor history, it shows dozens of activations a day without the automation it triggered listed next to it. It's nearly two weeks of history like that. It now shows the consecutive tests I just did and the corresponding automations next to each detection. 

I have no idea if these tests have somehow resolved the issue but it seems that way on face value. I'll keep my fingers crossed and monitor it over the coming days. Thanks again. 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-24 02:39:10

@Meteorites 

Which hub is the motion sensor connected to? What firmware version does it have? Do any other devices that are connected to the same hub have similar behaviors?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-24 03:50:11

@Wayne-TP 

It's connected to a H100 running 1.5.5.

I have three additional motion sensors and one button connected to the same hub. They've had no issues. 

The original bulb issue still seems to be resolved some 15hrs after those tests were done. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 4

Related Articles