"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."

"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."

2024-02-08 08:10:48 - last edited 2024-02-29 08:31:11
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20240102 Rel.50640

Hello!

When I save configuration changes in the Omada controller web interface, I get this log entry:
"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to ER7212PC-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller."

How can that be, as the controller and the router are within the same device?

Thank you very much for any useful hint!

Kind regards,
Gerald

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."-Solution
2024-02-29 08:31:04 - last edited 2024-02-29 08:38:35

Update:
The TP-Link Technical Support due to the mentioned above correlation issue recommended to reset the ER7212PC and "reconfig the ... network settings in the initial state, but do not enable IPSec Failover, not even click on it."

I followed that advice and now no synchronization failure log entry appears anymore.
Hope that also others will benefit from that information.

Kind regards,
Gerald

Recommended Solution
Options
21 Reply
Re:"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."
2024-02-11 12:43:44

@gerba 

What device is it syncing with?

I don't think you are syncing the er7212 yet another device? That right?

It's adopted to a different controller before and that's why you have this error.

Update me if you have fixed it and the reason.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."
2024-02-12 15:34:42

@Tedd404 

Thank you for your interest and taking time for this issue.

The ER7212PC "Integrates router, [...] and Omada centralized management ability altogether."
(see https://www.tp-link.com/us/business-networking/omada-router-integrated-router/er7212pc/)

This is why I wrote (if you noticed):
"How can that be, as the controller and the router are within the same device?"

So, to answer your question directly:
The built in controller should synchronize its configuration with the router also built in the ER7212PC device.

The problem is:
It does not synchronize itself.
Instead ever time I change something in the controller web ui, I need to click 'Force Provision' in the router device configuration to synchronize the configurations of the controller with the router.

Again:
How can that be, that the controller and the router - being within the same device - do not synchronize?

Kind regards,
Gerald

Options
2024-02-17 19:25:13

@gerba I have this issue too - worked fine for ages, and suddenly it gives this error after any change to any aspect of the setup.

Options
2024-02-18 01:04:29

Hi @Type17 @gerba 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Type17 wrote

@gerba I have this issue too - worked fine for ages, and suddenly it gives this error after any change to any aspect of the setup.

Very strange issue. I have a question about your config, so is your config now originally from the default config on the ER7212PC? I mean the very first default site and its config. Not imported from either an Omada Controller or another ER7212PC.

When did this start to happen? Any move like a firmware upgrade and this happens afterwards?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-19 08:41:56

@Clive_A No, the config is the original, not imported from another device.

It's been a while since it started happening, but I think it might have started when I updated the firmware on the SG2008P switch that is part of the setup (along with 3 x EAP615-wall units).

Options
2024-02-19 09:36:48

Hi @Type17 

Type17 wrote

@Clive_A No, the config is the original, not imported from another device.

It's been a while since it started happening, but I think it might have started when I updated the firmware on the SG2008P switch that is part of the setup (along with 3 x EAP615-wall units).

Since you introduced the switch, I gotta ask is this an error you see when you are trying to save/sync something to the switch? Or just tweak the parameters of the router and save them, you see the pop-up error?

I mean we need to figure out which one is the reason and focus on it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-19 13:58:20

@Clive_A The error comes up when almost any setting is changed on the router, even when it doesn't strictly speaking involve the switch.

In addition, as of this morning, I now have multiple issues with DHCP, where multiple clients are not being issued with IP addresses at all, and others, which have DHCP reservations and IP-to-MAC bindings are randomly being assigned dynamic addresses from the DHCP pool, which is causing them to become invisible (they are PoE CCTV cameras, and when they receive a dynamic address, the NAS (NVR) cannot see them.

Unfortunately, this morning is also the time when I had to leave the premises for a week, which means I did not have time to troubleshoot the issue (other than a reboot of all TP-Link devices, which did not help), and also means that while away, I have no access to the CCTV, the heating controller, and the solar PV controller.

I'm finding the whole setup very unstable since the last firmware upgrades (ER7212PC v1.0 is on f/w 1.1.2 & SG2008P v3.2 is on f/w 3.20.1). The Force Provision error existed before the router was upgraded, but the DHCP issue is a lot worse since the router was upgrded (before, there was some issues with some dynamic addresses being issued to static clients (which is why I upgraded the router f/w), but all clients actually got an address, but now about 20% have none at all).

Options
2024-02-20 07:30:59

Hi @Type17  @gerba

Type17 wrote

@Clive_A The error comes up when almost any setting is changed on the router, even when it doesn't strictly speaking involve the switch.

In addition, as of this morning, I now have multiple issues with DHCP, where multiple clients are not being issued with IP addresses at all, and others, which have DHCP reservations and IP-to-MAC bindings are randomly being assigned dynamic addresses from the DHCP pool, which is causing them to become invisible (they are PoE CCTV cameras, and when they receive a dynamic address, the NAS (NVR) cannot see them.

Unfortunately, this morning is also the time when I had to leave the premises for a week, which means I did not have time to troubleshoot the issue (other than a reboot of all TP-Link devices, which did not help), and also means that while away, I have no access to the CCTV, the heating controller, and the solar PV controller.

I'm finding the whole setup very unstable since the last firmware upgrades (ER7212PC v1.0 is on f/w 1.1.2 & SG2008P v3.2 is on f/w 3.20.1). The Force Provision error existed before the router was upgraded, but the DHCP issue is a lot worse since the router was upgrded (before, there was some issues with some dynamic addresses being issued to static clients (which is why I upgraded the router f/w), but all clients actually got an address, but now about 20% have none at all).

Do you make changes very quickly before the first change is successfully synced?

If you make a change to the device, it has not finished its sync and you make another change, this will cause a problem and error like this. This is expected to be normal.

Options
2024-02-21 06:10:58

@Clive_A 

Hi!

In my case the error log entry appears immediately after saving a configuration.
This is very irritating, as the ER7212PC combines the controller and the router in one device.
How long could it take to send/receive a simple configuration update command within an electronic device?
As the saved configuration is not coming into effect, unless I explicitly click 'Force provision', the issue seems to be due to faulty programming of the ER7212PC.

@TP-Link engineers:
What do you want to contribute to solving this issue?

Options
2024-02-21 06:18:13

Hi @gerba 

gerba wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi!

In my case the error log entry appears immediately after saving a configuration.
This is very irritating, as the ER7212PC combines the controller and the router in one device.
How long could it take to send/receive a simple configuration update command within an electronic device?
As the saved configuration is not coming into effect, unless I explicitly click 'Force provision', the issue seems to be due to faulty programming of the ER7212PC.

@TP-Link engineers:
What do you want to contribute to solving this issue?

Do you have the Application Result feature on your controller in your current firmware? Take a screenshot for me after you save a new change.

Or if possible, share a short video.

Make sure that nothing is changed, it has been synced to the latest config. And make a single change, will this show up?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 997

Replies: 21

Related Articles