Votes

Tapo App notification sounds - more options.

Votes

Tapo App notification sounds - more options.

12 Reply
RE:Tapo App notification sounds - more options.
2024-04-15 17:25:30

HmmmUK wrote

@SDGTR  Hi, on Android you can change the notificaton sound on a per app basis. 
So you can have your txt messages and Tapo notifications use different sounds - the problem is all the Tapo notification sounds will be the same! 

If you are having trouble changing the app sound from the default - Google 'change android notification sounds per app' for more info.

@HmmmUK 

Thanks, I did do that but for some reason it sometimes reverts to the default Android notification sound and ignores the setting under Apps>Tapo>Notifications.  In those settings I've had to reset it a couple of times and change the sound back and forth, then reboot the cameras and close and reopen the Tapo app.  Finally got it working

For now it's stable but yesterday I spent a bunch of time getting it to work right.

Also, the notification categories for the Tapo app under the phone's settings only shows Verification, Miscellaneous, and doorbell.  It doesn't have a category for cameras.   It looks like those are tossed under Miscellaneous.

So for now it looks like I do have a different sound for Tapo cam notifications but I still have no idea which camera it's for.  I wish they added some way to customize a specific sound for each camera like Ring does.   And I'm still not sure why it sometimes ignores the current setting for the Tapo app's Miscellaneous category.  

Options
RE:Tapo App notification sounds - more options.
2024-04-16 04:25:42
I think I figured out why the Tapo notification sound switches itself back to the phone's default notification sound. I don't know how to fix it permanently but it seems to happen every time I add a new camera to my account in the app. Even though in the phone's settings for the Tapo app it's configured to use a different sound, after I install a new cam it starts ignoring the sound it's configured to use and goes back to playing the phone's default notification sound. To get it to play the different tone again I have to change the notification sound to something else, then change it back to the sound I want, then turn notifications for the app off and back on. Then it will play the sound I configured.
Options

Voters 12

+ 8 Voters