Can I install Doorbell without indoor chime?

2024-02-16 00:15:52

I am using Google Nest Doorbell (1st gen). It also requires a wiring with the indoor chime.

Unfortunately my house doesn't have the wired doorbell. But I am able to use Nest Doorbell with a AC-DC adapter.

Nest has an option to disable indoor chime so that the doorbell doesn't have to close the circuit (cutting the power) and to ring the indoor chime.

I am not sure if I can also use Kasa Doorbell with the same way.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I install Doorbell without indoor chime?
2024-02-16 00:30:28

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/3366/

I think I can install it. My adapter output is 18V.

Options
Re:Can I install Doorbell without indoor chime?
2024-02-20 07:56:18

@gensay 

KD110 doesn't have a battery, so in general, it needs to wire to the existing doorbell to get power. Theoretically, if the input power of the device can be met, it can be installed and used in an environment without a doorbell system.

Frequently Asked Questions about Kasa Smart Doorbell (KD110)

Q1. Does kasa doorbell require an existing doorbell to be installed? What type of transformer do I need

Yes, Kasa doorbell needs to wire to your existing doorbell to get power, it requires your doorbell wiring coming with a transformer that provides 16-24VAC and minimum 10VA output power, which is commonly used in house doorbell systems.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 248

Replies: 2

Related Articles