Tapo Matter compatible smart bulbs

2024-02-20 01:09:01 - last edited 2024-02-26 02:32:24
Model: Tapo L535B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I picked up my first smart bulbs last week - L535B.  I paid extra for the Matter compatible bulbs naively thinking that would mean I would be able to connect them to my Homey Pro.  I have been very disappointed.  I also purchased a temperature and humidity sensor and a hub.  I also have a TP-Link Archer router.  Not only will none of these products connect with my Homey it looks like TP-Link has no intention of providing any support for broader integration.  Even the IFTTT integrations are no longer working as a work around. It seems I have wasted a lot of money on TP-link products, I will not be wasting any more. From now on I will stick with the more expensive products, at least I can be sure I can intergrate them with other brand products. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo Matter compatible smart bulbs
2024-02-26 02:32:00

@NixyBrown 

Upon searching, Matter support for the Homey Pro (early 2023) only began its beta testing a few days ago. The Tapo L535b cannot be paired to a third-party hub that doesn't support Matter.

If your device already supports serving as a Matter hub/controller, you can configure the Tapo light bulb to your Matter hub by adding a new device -> Add Matter device on the corresponding App.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options