Question about the TP Link range of kit

2024-03-22 14:11:39 - last edited 2024-03-25 01:51:37

OK, strange question No 1.

Does anyone know of kit within the TP Link estate which would allow calling / alert (over internet) of a person some distance away please?

Un elderly relative occasionally becomes uncontactable due to mobile phone going flat / missing.

Is there a plug in solution which would allow the app to alert her and possibly converse over it?

I fitted a couple of talkthrough c200 cams but a sibling was concerned about intrusiveness so theyve been relegated to covering rear / side entry doors.

Any device would need to be deaf unless activated by the callee. (to keep the sibling happy).

Thanks for any suggestions.

S

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about the TP Link range of kit
2024-03-25 06:54:45

@Stewby55 

Perhaps you can get a Tapo hub, an H100 or an H200. It can be an alarm/ringing device when needed, initiate inside the Tapo App. 

If you need to enable communication, consider placing a Tapo smart sensor (Tapo S200B) and a camera near the hub.

1. The owner can set the camera to always be in privacy mode and then create an automation rule for the camera to exit privacy mode when someone presses the button.

2. The camera and hub can be shared with others, granting them limited permissions on Tapo devices. In this case, when the camera is in privacy mode, the invitee cannot see the live stream or disable privacy mode. 
How to share my Tapo Smart Devices with family
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

As an invitee, you can use ring the hub in the Tapo App. When someone hears the ring and presses the smart button, the camera exits privacy mode, and the invitee can then watch the live stream, initiate one-way or two-way communication.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Related Articles