Shifted to deco mesh today, steam does not start downloads

2024-03-25 22:14:59
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Steam Problem
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So i shifted to deco e4 mesh system today (pack of 3) and when i went to steam to download and update my games, it did not start. so i went to check and it showed that it was stuck on "starting to download" for a few minutes, and after that it said "connection time out". is there any particular setting i need to turn on or off to fix this?  how do i solve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Shifted to deco mesh today, steam does not start downloads
2024-03-26 07:52:21

@areebac 

Hi, is this computer connected to Deco E4 via an Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi?

May I know how much internet speed is on the computer?

If you have another ISP wireless router, It is suggested to set Deco E4 into Access Point mode:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Shifted to deco mesh today, steam does not start downloads
2024-03-26 08:07:44

@David-TP 

Hello David, so I have tried both wifi and an ethernet cable but neither of the two fixed the issue. The speed on my computer is 45mbps up and down, same as the package ive chosen from the isp. as for the isp wireless router, they have provided a small white box which has a yellow wire with a pon connector connected to it, and ive connected the main deco to that via ethernet, and the remaining two deco are set up in mesh via the app. could you please explain to me the different between WIFI-Router mode and Access Point mode? i dont have any other routers, just the optical network unit from the isp which is connected to the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 2

Tags

Network Connectivity
Steam Problem
Related Articles