EAP650 through multiple switches?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-SG1218MPE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My core switch is a TL-SG3452P in an Omada network and I have (5) EAP650's direct connected and adopted each broadcasting the same (3) SSID's on separate VLANs and everything is working fine.  I cannot directly connect a sixth EAP650 to the TL-SG3452P because to get another cable there is quite difficult but I do have a TL-SG1218MPE connected to the core switch in the area where I need the sixth EAP.  The TL-SG1218MPE already has a few VLAN's running PoS and Surveillance devices without problem.  When I connect the EAP650 to the TL-SG1218MPE I cannot make a connection to any of the SSID's with my phone.  I had originally adopted and setup the sixth EAP when it was connected to the core switch but have now moved it to the other switch.

Port 17 of the TL-SG1218MPE is connect to port 8 of the TL-SG3452P.  My 802.1Q VLAN Configuration on TL-SG1218MPE is as such:

VLAN 1 - member ports 1-18 and all are untagged

VLAN 20 - member port 15, 15 untagged, 17 tagged, port 15 PVID 20

VLAN 70 - member ports 1-6, 1-6 untagged, 17 tagged, ports 1-6 PVID 70

EAP650 connected to port 16 and set to broadcast SSIDs over VLANs 30, 40 and 60 (same as EAPs direct connected to TL-SG3452P)

I've tried untagging port 16 and tagging port 17 for VLANs 30, 40 and 60 but I get no WiFi connection.  Multiple PVIDs cannot be configured on port 16 so I don't know how to get the tagging/untagging to work properly for the EAP.

Is it possible to get the EAP to communicate the same SSIDs and VLANs as the other (5) EAPs through both switches?

Any help would be appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP650 through multiple switches?-Solution

Hi @FarmerC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VLAN 30 40 60 should be tagged on the port where you are going to connect your EAP. PVID is not necessary to be defined. Unless you have some other plans. The default one would work great.

If there is still problem with that, you should check the SG1218MPE's uplink if it is trunk-ed with VLAN 30 40 60 tagged.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP650 through multiple switches?-Solution

Hi @FarmerC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

VLAN 30 40 60 should be tagged on the port where you are going to connect your EAP. PVID is not necessary to be defined. Unless you have some other plans. The default one would work great.

If there is still problem with that, you should check the SG1218MPE's uplink if it is trunk-ed with VLAN 30 40 60 tagged.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP650 through multiple switches?
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Thank you Clive_A.  I did as you suggested and am now able to make connections to all three SSID's broadcasting.  I guess my earlier searches were not quite on topic to find your guide.  Your help is much appreciated.

Regards.

Options