Kasa Apps - KS240 - Dimming

a week ago
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Hello,

I just installed my KS240 to control my ceiling fan and light. During the setup and after, I found out that I cannot disable the dimming functionnality of the light. Unfortunatly, my light doesn't support it and in the app, I cannot set the minimum and maximum at 100% like I did with my HS200 and KS220M. Would be great to not prevent user from doing so,I don't see the point. During the calibration process, it does ask if it worked and when saying it flickered or something, there's a help page that is bring but no way to just say "use me as a simply switch". This would be very great to be able to do that.

My ceiling fan cannot have the LED replaced so I cannot juste replace the bulb for a dimmeable one.

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Apps - KS240 - Dimming
a week ago

@Nodiaque 

Are you talking about turning off the light dimming feature within the Kasa app?  I'm a bit confused about why the request. You can simply not to click on it if you don't need it. 

Could you share why you have such a thought/feature request? If it's about accidental touches, on the app homepage, the device card for the light only has a power button, so no accidental touches would occur unless you enter the device page. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Kasa Apps - KS240 - Dimming
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Hello, 

I'm talking about the light dimmer. Contrary to the hs200 or Ks220m, when I do the calibration for the dimmer, I cannot have both the minimum and maximum at the same level. It forcing me to have a different level. Why the change? I think the app and configuration across all device should be consistent. If I can do it with another dimmer, I should be able to on all dimmer. 

Why the request? Cause my fan light isn't compatible with a dimmer and I can't change the light. So for me, I just need a on/off. 

Can I just not touch it? Yes, but then I have kids. And specially in that room, a kids with a moderate intellectual deficiencies so while he knows it doesn't work, it doesn't mean he won't touch the wrong slider by mistake. 

And in the end, since there's no dual switch that would have a on/off switch and a ceiling fan control like that, why not just make it more versatile? More feature means more use case, isn't that good? 

Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 55

Replies: 2

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.