Standalone WebGUI PAINFULLY slow with Edge and Chrome (sometime not working at all)

Standalone WebGUI PAINFULLY slow with Edge and Chrome (sometime not working at all)

2024-04-24 13:44:50 - last edited 2024-04-25 01:12:05
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I don't know if this is a bug or compatibility issue, but when I use Chrome, the WebGUI hardly works.  It takes 1-2mins for the login screen to come on.  And if I do get to login almost 75% of the time it will l never make it to the next page.

Edge is a little better but not by much.

Yet, Firefox runs it perfectly.  I am not a big fan of Firefox.  So I only tried it out of frustration.

I tried this on two PCs and three laptops, cleared cache and cookies. (only once with Firefox on a laptop)

Is this something that will be improved?

I haven't tried the management stuff, because I am still evaluating if Omada is the right product for our SMB.

Options
12 Reply
Re:Standalone WebGUI PAINFULLY slow with Edge and Chrome (sometime not working at all)
2024-04-25 01:16:56 - last edited 2024-04-25 01:17:42

Hi @mbze430 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

The web GUI has been especially optimized for Chromium-based browsers..

So when you talk about this, it only makes it look like a problem with your environment.

I use at least 4 routers for the tests and experiments next to my office desk with the Chrome latest or not updated, I tried both of them. There is a problem with the cache when error or the interface does not pop up because I met it many times.

I cannot say it is a problem with the router. You might wanna take a look at your plug-in. I don't see this report for years now as long as your cache is good or clean.

Try F12 and see what's going on behind it.

P.S. I remember Edge is also based on the Chrome architecture. Firefox does not.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Standalone WebGUI PAINFULLY slow with Edge and Chrome (sometime not working at all)
2024-04-25 13:02:53

@Clive_A 

I don't have any plugin running.. But at least in Edge, once I am able to get pass the login screen, it runs perfectly fine.  It's the initial trying to login portion that either times out or does nothing but a blank screen

Options
2024-04-26 01:11:46

Hi @mbze430 

mbze430 wrote

@Clive_A 

I don't have any plugin running.. But at least in Edge, once I am able to get pass the login screen, it runs perfectly fine.  It's the initial trying to login portion that either times out or does nothing but a blank screen

As I said, you should clear the browser cache or try logging in from the incognito mode. Have you done that?

F12, network and elemetns results as well.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-04-26 03:24:08 - last edited 2024-04-26 03:34:29

@Clive_A 

I couldn't get Chrome's Incognito to load.... just sat there in a blank screen, but I did try to use Edge

Edge 

https://192.168.1.1/webpages/js/chunk-common.4ae7dcd9.js 

took over 20secs to load

but from then on it just stalled:

And this is with Edge "InPrivate" same as Incognito.  It just got stuck in the login screen.

Options
2024-04-26 03:32:23 - last edited 2024-04-26 03:33:41

after the seventh try... I got Chrome to move in Incognito mode, but it just got stuck here

Options
2024-04-28 01:04:52 - last edited 2024-04-28 01:05:14

Hi @mbze430 

mbze430 wrote

@Clive_A 

I couldn't get Chrome's Incognito to load.... just sat there in a blank screen, but I did try to use Edge

Edge 

took over 20secs to load

but from then on it just stalled:

And this is with Edge "InPrivate" same as Incognito.  It just got stuck in the login screen.

Is this the URL you saved to the bookmark?

Or you use for login?

Options
2024-04-28 01:10:46 - last edited 2024-04-28 01:11:17

@Clive 

no I don't have bookmarks.  I type the url as https://192.168.1.1 every time manually

Options
2024-04-29 02:07:04

Hi @mbze430 

mbze430 wrote

@Clive 

no I don't have bookmarks.  I type the url as https://192.168.1.1 every time manually

Can you provide the backup? If you are okay with that, please let me know so I can create an email to receive the backup privately.

I will import it to the device I have and test it.

Options
2024-04-29 02:31:20

@Clive 

Yep no problem at all.

Let me know where you want me to send it

Options
2024-04-29 02:57:56 - last edited 2024-04-29 02:58:33

Hi @mbze430

mbze430 wrote

@Clive 

Yep no problem at all.

Let me know where you want me to send it

Take a look at the inbox. I just created the ticket and sent it to you. Might be a few minutes delay but you should get it soon. TKID240457530

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 12

Related Articles