Feature Request
Feature Request
2024-05-08 01:06:12 - last edited 2024-06-03 08:44:34
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

its been 4 years since someone asked for this feature:

I need a smart action to repeated every hour for 5 minutes, with current state of things I have to do 48 schedules! its very cumbersome, has this been fixed yet? its been years since it was proposed! will it ever be fixed?

thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Feature Request-Solution
2024-06-03 08:44:29 - last edited 2024-06-03 08:44:34

@DrMarceloV 

In your case, use automation instead. You can configure the smart plug to turn on for a set time (Action) at a set time (Trigger). 

To find out more: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Feature Request
2024-05-09 09:07:25

@DrMarceloV 

Can you share what you're trying to do with this request feature?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-06-02 23:20:25

@Wayne-TP 

Hi,

Im trying to turn on a fan for 5 minutes every hour, 24 hours a day. This way I had to do 24 smart actions that last 5 min each and turn on every hour, but Ive to manually set time for each of the 24 items!!

Options
Re:Feature Request-Solution
2024-06-03 08:44:29 - last edited 2024-06-03 08:44:34

@DrMarceloV 

In your case, use automation instead. You can configure the smart plug to turn on for a set time (Action) at a set time (Trigger). 

To find out more: How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices 

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-21 19:27:23

@Wayne-TP 

I believe he is asking for the same thing I was just about to add a feature request for. With your solution he would still need to program dozens of automations. Unless I am misunderstanding it.

So I was going to request a "cycle" automation, I use the kasa power strips to help automate my indoor grow space.

So you would set a start and end time for automation let's just say 6am -8pm, you would then set an on and off time let's say 15min on and 45min off. So then the light would come on for 15 min then go off for 45 min between 6am-8pm.

Yea you can set that up now but you would have to setup dozens of automations,  and if you needed shorten or lengthen the start and end time you would have to redo all of those automations. This can be vastly simplifies by adding a cycle automation type

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 228

Replies: 4

Voters 1