Votes

Tapo NVR

Tapo NVR
Tapo NVR
2024-05-26 11:40:17 - last edited 2024-05-27 01:21:05
Model: Tapo C310   Tapo C100   Tapo TC72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I would really like to see either a Tapo branded NVR which supports all of the Tapo camera features (person detection, line crossing detection etc) or alternatively if the Vigi NVRs supported those features from the Tapo products. Or perhaps a TP-Link NAS which was compatible with all of their sub brands. Maybe even just an application like what QNAP has with their 'Survailiance Station' app on their NAS products.

I'm already using a mix of TP-Link hardware at home for ease of use and upkeep so would love to see them all interoperate a bit better. I work in IT and it has been quite refreshing to use kit which isn't needlessly complicated but having multiple different apps is a bit annoying. Tapo devices for CCTV, and home automation, Deco for Wi-Fi and Omada for the rest of my network.

I've see a few threads of people using the Vigi NVRs but these don't seem to support a lot of the Tapo camera features like person detection due to the ONVIF/RTSP connection standard they have been forced to use just to get them to connect.

I know they're bringing out the H900 Tapo hub at some point. If that is able to support internal/external drives and with an Ethernet connection then that would mostly solve my problem but I would still prefer a dedicated NVR.

Also not sure if there would be a big enough need for this from Tapo users. It would be good to hear what other people think that use these products?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 84

Replies: 0

Voters 1