How do I access my smart plugs

2024-06-02 20:42:55

How do I access my smart plugs without joining the user experience improvement programme, which I have to do to get to my plugs since its what now comes up

Options
4 Reply
Re:How do I access my smart plugs
2024-06-04 07:33:10

@unhappyme 

User Experience Improvement Program isn't a mandatory selection. You can log in or register after checking the 'Terms of Use and Privacy Policy' box.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-06-04 15:34:53

Wayne-TP wrote

@unhappyme 

User Experience Improvement Program isn't a mandatory selection. You can log in or register after checking the 'Terms of Use and Privacy Policy' box.

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks.

When I try to log in, I get the "We've updated our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use and User Experience Improvement Program

Policy. Please take 5 minutes to read the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use to make sure you fully acknowledge the updates..." page.  

It would appear that I have to allow access to my personal contacts' information, [As a result of those actions, you might supply us with information as: 4) people, addresses, and phone numbers listed in your Addresses.]

And then I might be able to withdraw from the UEIP, but they still have personal information about others which I have no right to divulge.

As I read it, I now have a number of products which are of little value.

Options
2024-06-06 02:28:50

@unhappyme 

Did you join the UEIP before?

If you have any questions or concerns about this updated policy, please get in touch with privacy@tp-link.com for accurate responses.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-06-06 17:13:31

Wayne-TP wrote

@unhappyme 

Did you join the UEIP before?

If you have any questions or concerns about this updated policy, please get in touch with privacy@tp-link.com for accurate responses.

@Wayne-TP 

I did not join.  Now they say the accumulation af names, addresses ans phone numbers only applies to me - not my contacts.  

So, maybe I'll sign the privacy, and join too.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 4

Related Articles