Smart Bulb L530B - Keep disconnecting from WiFi

a week ago - last edited Tuesday
Model: Tapo L530B  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.6 Build 240130 Rel.173828

Hi,

I’m experiencing an issue with my new Smart Bulb L530B. Pairing the bulb was successful, but it disconnects from the WiFi a few hours after being turned off. It reconnects to the WiFi only when I manually switch it on again.

I have tried a factory reset but it did not fix the issue.

If I keep the light on the bulb will not disconnect.

The bulb is connected to a BT Smart Hub 2 WiFi router (-63 RSSI).

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Smart Bulb L530B - Keep disconnecting from WiFi-Solution
Saturday - last edited Tuesday

@Wayne-TP Oh I got it! smiley

The bulb is in a ceiling lamp and connected to a wall switch. If I turn off the wall switch, the bulb goes offline because it loses power - is this correct?

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@TexWeb 

Yes, that's right. The light bulb needs to maintain a constant power supply to enable smart control, and if the light bulb loses power, it will be disconnected from WiFi and will not be able to respond to any smart control.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart Bulb L530B - Keep disconnecting from WiFi
Friday

@TexWeb 

Where is this light bulb installed? A fixture controlled by a switch? A lamp with an extra on/off switch?

How did you turn it off?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Saturday - last edited Tuesday

@Wayne-TP Oh I got it! smiley

The bulb is in a ceiling lamp and connected to a wall switch. If I turn off the wall switch, the bulb goes offline because it loses power - is this correct?

Thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday - last edited Tuesday

@TexWeb 

Yes, that's right. The light bulb needs to maintain a constant power supply to enable smart control, and if the light bulb loses power, it will be disconnected from WiFi and will not be able to respond to any smart control.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 57

Replies: 3

Related Articles