Can I use a EAP225 or should i look for another solution?

Monday - last edited Wednesday

Hi!

Hopefully I can find a answer to the issue I'm having.

I need to extend the wifi over to the guesthouse about 30-35 meters (32-38 yards) away.

Use to have two CPE210 that worked ok, not the best speed. Could be my lack of knowledge setting them up. Unfortunately one of them broke down a few months ago with the router i had in the guesthouse and I been looking for a more stable solution.

All I need is to get a stable wifi signal so the guests can use the TV to stream.

So my question is if a EAP225 would do the job?

I have no need for mesh or anything else, just have a AP for them to log on to when needed.

Easy, simple solution hopefully. 😊

Best regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I use a EAP225 or should i look for another solution?-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Wednesday

@Getumzz 

When a wireless 225-outdoor meshes with a wired 225-outdoor, the ethernet port of the meshed AP appears as if bridged to the same switchport as the wired AP is connected to.  So yes, you can use them as a replacement for the 210's, but you WILL need to add a controller (I recommend the OC200 hardware for your application) in order for the mesh to be successful.  The additional cost may drive you back to CPE510 or CPE710's if you don't need the outdoor user wifi coverage that will be a benefit of using the 225's.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use a EAP225 or should i look for another solution?-Solution
Tuesday - last edited Wednesday

@Getumzz 

When a wireless 225-outdoor meshes with a wired 225-outdoor, the ethernet port of the meshed AP appears as if bridged to the same switchport as the wired AP is connected to.  So yes, you can use them as a replacement for the 210's, but you WILL need to add a controller (I recommend the OC200 hardware for your application) in order for the mesh to be successful.  The additional cost may drive you back to CPE510 or CPE710's if you don't need the outdoor user wifi coverage that will be a benefit of using the 225's.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options