Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0

Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0

a week ago - last edited Monday
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.6

The question is, why does my router have v1.0 firmware loaded on it when the bottom says v1.6? I went to download the latest firmware and it tells you to look on the bottom to find your version and download that firmware. It looks to be much newer than what is currently on my router and much newer than the version it wants to auto update to.

Should I use the v1.6 on the website and manually update? It is really confusing that when trying to compare what version it wanted to auto update to and seeing the firmware versions don't match.

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0-Solution

@Swamibob 

Hi,

Normally there should be a note on the firmware download webpage that explains it.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0-Solution
Monday - last edited Monday

@Swamibob 

TP-Link operates multiple manufacturing facilities. The manufacturing location of a product can be determined by its sub-model number. Items with version ending in "6" or "8," like V2.6/V2.8 or V1.26/V1.28, are produced in one facility. Products lacking a "6" or "8" in the number are manufactured elsewhere. The sole distinction between these products lies in their manufacturing origins; all hardware and software components are identical. For instance, a V1.2 is equivalent to a V1.26.
You may refer to this thread this thread for more detailed explanation.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply

@Swamibob 

Hi,

Normally there should be a note on the firmware download webpage that explains it.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0
a week ago
The problem is not that I don't understand how to read the firmware version. The problem is when I am in setup it says I am using v1.0 firmware. When I look at the bottom of the router it says it is v1.6. It came with 1.0 on it for some reason and I basically wonder why this is and if it's ok to use the v1.6 firmware from their website even though it currently has v1.0 firmware on it. I think it will be ok to do, would just like confirmation from someone else who probably had the same question I do. I'll speculate that mine is one of the early v1.6 routers and maybe they didn't have v1.6 firmware ready and it is backward compatible with v1.0 so they used that to ship them, but I don't know that.
Options
Re:Archer AXE75 - Router says v1.6 on bottom, in the setup it says firmware is v1.0

@Swamibob 

Hardware version 1.6 of the AXE75 uses the same firmware as hardware version 1.0. (or in other words, there is no firmware specifically made for the hardware version 1.6)

Options
Monday - last edited Monday

@Swamibob 

TP-Link operates multiple manufacturing facilities. The manufacturing location of a product can be determined by its sub-model number. Items with version ending in "6" or "8," like V2.6/V2.8 or V1.26/V1.28, are produced in one facility. Products lacking a "6" or "8" in the number are manufactured elsewhere. The sole distinction between these products lies in their manufacturing origins; all hardware and software components are identical. For instance, a V1.2 is equivalent to a V1.26.
You may refer to this thread this thread for more detailed explanation.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 87

Replies: 4

Related Articles