Lower resolution for tapo doorbell D130

2024-07-13 18:04:43
Tags: #resolution
Model: Tapo D130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

The only resolutions for this doorbell are 2K 5MP and 960P, I would like to have a 720p resolution.

Why? the lower resolution would stress less my router.

I currently have 6 cameras at the same time on my network. 5 of them are at 720p but only the doorbell is at 960p.

btw, while only the cameras would not pose a problem, I have many other devices connected to the network.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Lower resolution for tapo doorbell D130
2024-07-18 02:40:00

@goodevil 

Do you need to watch all cameras at the same time? There isn't much-required bandwidth when the camera is in standby mode. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-22 23:02:52

@Wayne-TP 

Do you need to watch all cameras at the same time?

Yes. I am using these cameras to perform AI model inference in real time.

There isn't much-required bandwidth when the camera is in standby mode. 

Don't get me wrong, tapo cameras are okay for a first try regarding AI detections... but they are pratically impossible to use in the real world because even when using the lowest sensivity:

• Any movement could trigger the 'movement detection'
  • My tree that is outside is viwed as a 'person' at night because the light creates a shadow on the curtain
  • Line tresspassing just does not work for me, any changes on that region activates it
  • My doorbell detects everyone walking outside and I just desactivated the detections.
  • My 6 cameras would just notify every ten seconds
  • I used Wireshark to monitor the network activity and the cameras were a big problem.

I don't need 960p resolution, I don't even need 15fps of rtsp stream, I could work with 5fps...

I know that they are ONVIF complaiant, since I never worked with it then I don't know much but I would love if I could manually change the rtsp stream settings myself because I know what I am doing.

Do you have any solution for controling the streams of the cameras?

Options
2 weeks ago
another thing, 720p will consume less space in the micro sd card that I am using inside the doorbell.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

resolution