Use L630 without internet access ?

2024-07-23 06:29:08 - last edited 2024-07-25 02:54:08
Model: Tapo L630  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

i started using Tapo devices recently with some L630 light bulbs. 
i use them with Home Assistant on a dedicated vlan without internet access. 
all of them become unresponsive very often i think because of the lack of internet. 
is there a way to fix that because it's a great product with low price but the dependance of internet is not acceptable for an IoT product...

Thanks. 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Use L630 without internet access ?
2024-07-25 02:55:41

@jeremypsl 

Tapo does not support Home Assistant. You may check if there is a similar problem when managing the smart bulbs locally with Tapo App.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-25 12:03:43

@Wayne-TP 

There is already some contributors to make Tapo products compatible with Home Assistant, maybe not officially but it is there and it's working.

Anyway, it seem no Tapo products can be reach with the official app if internet access is blocked which is a shame and hope so much this can be fixed.

Options
2024-07-26 02:28:56 - last edited 2024-07-26 02:34:05

@jeremypsl 

Tapo has not released any APIs to the public, and the resources you can find are unauthorized and not officially certified, so we can't guarantee their effectiveness or stability.

Did test it by using the Tapo App?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-07-27 06:29:42

@Wayne-TP 

Yes with Tapo app, every lights appears offline. 
When i allow internet access to thar vlan, they appears online. 
But again, i need a vlan without internet for my IoT. 

Options
2024-07-29 08:11:34

@jeremypsl 

Is your phone connected to the local network (same subnet)?  Do they always show offline in the Tapo App? Or intermittently?

Options
2024-07-29 12:13:01

@Wayne-TP 

No i have multiple subnet to separate main devices from IoT, ip cameras, guest, etc...

With internet access i can reach every Tapo devices with the Tapo App but if i shutdown internet with firewall rules, no access anymore at all.

And with no internet access, i can reach Tapo devices in Home Assitant but with some connexion loosses every 5 minutes.

Options
2024-07-30 03:21:00

@jeremypsl 

Normally, as long as the phone and the device are on the same network (same subnet), you should be able to use Tapo app to manage Tapo devices, even without an Internet connection. A complete lack of access is not very common.

Please make sure that the phone you are using is properly connected to the same subnet as the device. You can also try force-closing the app and then reopening it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 369

Replies: 7

Related Articles