Bulb seemingly has become faulty

2024-08-18 14:41:14 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo L530B  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 240623 Rel.114041

Have had this bulb for just over a year now, it was working fine but in the last week or so it has started behaving strangely.

Here are the issues i am encountering -

Randomly turns on even when there is no power cut or Wi-Fi/router issues
Randomly unpairs from phone and requires setting up again

I am on latest firmware. I have also tried factory resetting it, did not solve the issue. I believe it has become faulty.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bulb seemingly has become faulty-Solution
2024-08-20 07:34:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@nazhus 

Check if you have enabled or created the below settings that might lead to this situation.

1. Schedule, Away mode on the Tapo app. How to Set up Schedule, Away Mode, and Timer for Smart Plug/Bulb/Switch in Tapo App
2. Automation rules that involved the smart bulbs. How to create Tapo Automation
3. Schedule, routine, or automation on third-party apps like Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings, etc.

To rule out whether the settings are causing the abnormal behavior, you can try restoring the bulb to factory settings. When reconfiguring the bulb, give it a different name (in case the old settings take effect based on the name), and see if the problem still occurs. How to reset Tapo bulb

Regarding the "unpair" issue, does the smart bulb show offline in the App? Do you need reset it first before adding it back to the App?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Bulb seemingly has become faulty-Solution
2024-08-20 07:34:17 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@nazhus 

Check if you have enabled or created the below settings that might lead to this situation.

1. Schedule, Away mode on the Tapo app. How to Set up Schedule, Away Mode, and Timer for Smart Plug/Bulb/Switch in Tapo App
2. Automation rules that involved the smart bulbs. How to create Tapo Automation
3. Schedule, routine, or automation on third-party apps like Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings, etc.

To rule out whether the settings are causing the abnormal behavior, you can try restoring the bulb to factory settings. When reconfiguring the bulb, give it a different name (in case the old settings take effect based on the name), and see if the problem still occurs. How to reset Tapo bulb

Regarding the "unpair" issue, does the smart bulb show offline in the App? Do you need reset it first before adding it back to the App?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 64

Replies: 1

Related Articles