TP Link Omada System not seeing WIFI in Home Network setup

a week ago
Model: OC200   TL-SG108E   ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've tried to set up a home network using Omada and other TP Link products but come to a point where it fails due to not seeing WIFI networks or allowing connection.

I've had the comcast modem/router setup to 2 separate bands (5Ghz and 2.4Ghz) with the majority of my smart devices connected to the 2.4Ghz band and the 5Ghz used primarily for my office work and phone, but it's difficult to have good coverage throughout my house. Which is strange because its only about 2000sqft and I just feel it isn't very reliable. In the past I used the Orbi mesh system which improved but over time became less reliable so after reading into options, I've invested in a host of TP Link products to setup a system using the Omada products. 

My comcast service should support up to 800Mbps download but I continue to have issues with the 2.4Ghz band being more reliable and speeds only average 20Mbps, if I'm able to connect to the 5Ghz band it will get speeds around 480-500Mbps but not near the 800Mbps I should be able to get. My comcast service should support up to 800Mbps download but I continue to have issues with the 2.4Ghz band being more reliable and speeds only average 20Mbps, if I'm able to connect to the 5Ghz band it will get speeds around 480-500Mbps but not near the 800Mbps I should be able to get. I have probably 60-90 smart devices between POE cameras, wifi switches/plugs/lights/motion detectors etc. 

I have Comcast internet - coax cable from outdoor box into XB6-T Cable Modem (provided by Comcast) - (later Setup to use in "Bridge" mode)

Cat7 cable from XB6-T into ER605 WAN Port

Cat7 cable from ER605 (WAN/LAN port) into TL-SG108E Switch (port 1) and Cat7 cable out of switch (port 2) to connect OC200 Controller ETH1 POE IN port and another cat7 cable out of port 3 on the switch connected into my desktop to perform setup and connections

I'd like to get to a point where I can setup additional access points, my other switches (I have a 24 port switch that I use with POE surveillance camera system and NVR) but I can't seem to get past the point of WIFI setup. I also have a couple TP Link AC750 mesh wifi extenders, an outdoor Wavlink AC1200 Outdoor Router/AP/Extender, TP Link Archer A8 AC1900 MU-MIMO Wifi Router that I'd like to have setup to work as access points to allow wifi throughout my house and property but again, can't seem to get past initial setup. My comcast service should support up to 800Mbps download but I continue to have issues with the 2.4Ghz band being more reliable and speeds only average 20Mbps, if I'm able to connect to the 5Ghz band it will get speeds around 480-500Mbps but not near the 800Mbps I should be able to get. 

All TP Link products are up to current on firmware and software (as of September 2024 when I am trying for the 3rd time to set this up)

I followed a youtube video called "complete home setup with TP-Link Omada" to plan and perform initial setup...

I want 3 VLANs 

ID 1 - "Secure/Primary" 

ID 2 - "guests"

ID 3 - "IOT devices"

and then 3 wireless networks setup to manage access, the main secure wifi network, the guest network with access and limits and the IOT device with ACL rules to prevent the device and primary networks from intermixing, similar to the video

all setup was done to match the video. I found another thread on these support forums that added the "EAP/gateway" selection and made sure I did that. then double checked that the wireless networks SSID is broadcast.... again, nothing shows up when searching for the created wifi networks on phone, other devices.

Then I setup the Comcast modem to be used in "bridge mode", factory reset everything to try over again (nothing worked, still can't see wifi networks after creation), had difficulty even starting the setup of the OC200 because it didn't recognize any WIFI so I had to manually connect it to my desktop instead of doing the setup through the Omada App like I tried initially. Then I setup the Comcast modem to be used in "bridge mode", factory reset everything to try over again (nothing worked, still can't see wifi networks after creation), had difficulty even starting the setup of the OC200 because it didn't recognize any WIFI so I had to manually connect it to my desktop instead of doing the setup through the Omada App like I tried initially. 

I've found some info suggesting to clone the MAC address of the old router, but either I'm not doing it properly or thats not correct. I've called into technical support at Comcast to see if it's something on their end but it's been unhelpful and I'm stumped. Theres got to be something I'm missing or doing wrong. I hate that I've invested several hundred dollars into a system that is seemingly useless. Can anyone assist?I've found some info suggesting to clone the MAC address of the old router, but either I'm not doing it properly or thats not correct. I've called into technical support at Comcast to see if it's something on their end but it's been unhelpful and I'm stumped. Theres got to be something I'm missing or doing wrong. I hate that I've invested several hundred dollars into a system that is seemingly useless. Can anyone assist? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Omada System not seeing WIFI in Home Network setup
a week ago

@sbs22 

Have you got any Omada APs? It refers to an access point that works with the Omada controller and can be managed by it. Only the Access Point connected to the Omada Controller will apply the settings made on the controller. Based on the model number you provided, it appears that the Omada Controller manages only the ER605, correct? If you do not have a compatible access point, the controller's SSID settings will not work.

Regarding wireless speed, you should be aware that because you have so many 2.4G clients, they will all share the bandwidth. You should also check the wire speed that the device broadcasting the signal can receive by replacing it with a computer to test the Ethernet speed first. Also, you should consider the client's link speed, or wireless speed, because link speed has an impact on wireless speed. Also, because all clients on the internet share bandwidth, you cannot expect a single client to receive the full speed of the bandwidth provided by the ISP.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options