iOS widget bug - device quick control not working - menu is cut off by viewport

a week ago - last edited Friday
Model: Tapo L530E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey, I've just installed the first in a set of Tapo smart bulbs, and though I'm pretty happy with the experience overall, I noticed some bugs while using the iOS app. I hope this is the right place to post for help / bug reporting.

The first issue was fairly minor, I was changing the color of the bulb in the main view color picker, switching back and forth between color and white, trying to get familiar with the app, and it got stuck in some type of loop where I shut the bulb off using the power button in the app and it turned itself back on, and set itself back the last color selected (even though I shut it off on the white setting). It kept doing this until I rebooted the app and starting over.

The second issue: I set up my lamp in iOS widgets so I can quickly manage it without having to open the app. However, there is weird behavior when I press the icon button, it doesn't turn the bulb on/off, when I look closely it seems that it's opening a menu but the menu is cut off by the viewport of the widget.

Steps to reproduce:

- Went through steps outlined in the FAQ, set up my lamp under "Tapo Device Quick Control"

- Pressing icon for my lamp shows an icon underneath the icon indicating that it is higlighted / active, and it appears to open a menu but I cannot see the menu since the widget viewport cuts it off

Expected behavior:

- Icon press should turn bulb on / off, or at least menu should be visible

App version: 3.6.501

iOS version: 17.6.1

Device model: iPhone 13

Screenshot:

Screenshot of quick action widget

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:iOS widget bug - device quick control not working - menu is cut off by viewport-Solution

@anon189231 

Thanks, I figured it out. I didn't realize that the arrow on the right hand side of the window expands / collapses the view. So once I hit that icon i am now able to see the color picker icons.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:iOS widget bug - device quick control not working - menu is cut off by viewport
a week ago

@anon189231 

1. Exit this left menu and re-enter for several times.
2. Tap the device icon multiple times to check if the control options display correctly.
3. Restart your phone.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:iOS widget bug - device quick control not working - menu is cut off by viewport-Solution

@anon189231 

Thanks, I figured it out. I didn't realize that the arrow on the right hand side of the window expands / collapses the view. So once I hit that icon i am now able to see the color picker icons.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 52

Replies: 2

Related Articles