SmartPlug disconnects after 1 day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-23 18:56:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,my HS100 works flawlessy for about one day, then I can't access remotely...
the simplest way to make it works again is unplug the smartplug and plug it again to power source...
So, for the moment I think I'll use a 2$ timer...but I hope TP-Link will solve that issue, with a firmware upgrade or with a software add-on for a scheduled reboot...
Options
7 Reply
Re:SmartPlug disconnects after 1 day
2016-09-13 05:55:52
Exactly the same thing happened to me today. And by "disconnects" I mean turns itself completely off, even while still plugged in. No network or status lights at all, and can't ping over the network. The Kasa app shows nothing where it normally shows the on/off status. Removing the SmartPlug and reinserting it into an outlet appears to reboot it. Will see if this repeats.
Options
2016-09-30 17:52:32

njp wrote

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. And by "disconnects" I mean turns itself completely off, even while still plugged in. No network or status lights at all, and can't ping over the network. The Kasa app shows nothing where it normally shows the on/off status. Removing the SmartPlug and reinserting it into an outlet appears to reboot it. Will see if this repeats.

Sounds like a faulty one to me, probably a component is overheating then turning the phone off, would get a warranty claim off to TP-Link or return it for a replacement if I were you.....
Options
2016-10-04 10:46:12
Anthony: I had a HS100 that went off-line randomly. I wound up swapping it for another smartplug in a different location. The replacement plug also went off-line. I then swapped it with another plug about a foot away, which had worked flawlessly. The replacement plug, in a new position, continued to go off-line. I renamed it and it has worked perfectly ever since. The only common factor was the name I gave the plug. The only guess I have is that something on my network was remembering the name/MAC address combination. I would have bet on a flakey HS100, but they have all worked fine ever since. njp, your problem does sound like faulty hardware.
Options
2016-11-15 04:12:06
I think we would need to combine with a CZt day as there was only a handful of us at s2smarts.I'd be up for a dyno run thoughJJ ___ NEW XRumer 12.0.19: [i]revolutional method in SEO and SMM[/i]
Options
2016-11-15 05:20:17
I think we would need to combine with a CZt day as there was only a handful of us at s2smarts.I'd be up for a dyno run thoughJJ
Options
2016-12-15 23:57:10
I'm having the same issue with my HS110 smart plug. Have a heater/fireplace plugged in, wondering if it's too powerful for this smart plug.
Options
2016-12-17 00:56:51

Vedas0023 wrote

I'm having the same issue with my HS110 smart plug. Have a heater/fireplace plugged in, wondering if it's too powerful for this smart plug.

After some hesitation, I've been using my TP-Link Smartplugs to control 1300W 120VAC heaters with no apparent problem.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 980

Replies: 7