Confused by Email Account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-05 19:37:34
Model : HS100

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone :)

I'm confused about setting up an email account.

When I try to create a gmail account in Kasa, and then try to login I get a notice to verify my account. If I try to login in Chrome, I'm told the account doesn't exist.

Can anyone help me out re how to set this up correctly?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Confused by Email Account
2017-01-07 10:55:52
"create a gmail account in Kasa?"
1. create a gmail account with Google, if you don't have one. Log in using your web browser.
2. enter that gmail address into the Kasa app. You will get an email at that address, with a link to click to prove you have access (own) that email address.
3. Note that the login is not necessarily identical to the login for the TP-Link forum, I do not remember them being the same.
Options
2017-01-07 15:42:32
Hi,

I did as you said and got an activation link in Gmail. I clicked on the activation address and it seemed to work fine. But in Kasa it still says "unverified email". When I click on "verify email" I get "account has been activated".

Whats going on?
Options
2017-01-07 23:05:55
This is from the thread above yours- maybe it will help.
@Squintyeyed Pug, as it turns out, you may have been right. There is a website: http://www.tplinkcloud.com where you can setup an account and TP-Link support people suggested I try there. Fortunately, it turned out that all I had to do was to log out from my phone App and restart the phone app, logging in with the mail and password I had entered originally. The status was updated to connected and has worked fine ever since.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 751

Replies: 3