HS110 compatible with Google Wifi router (802.11ac true dualband) ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-05-31 18:11:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As the title suggest im having lots of trouble trying to get 3 newly boght hs110 smart plugs to work on my Google Wifi network.
I have read somewhere on this forum that these plugs do not support the "ac" routers, but it seems a lot of people can get them to work, and that even TP-link supoprt have suggested ac routers to people, so not sure if this is true.

Also i read that these plugs can only connect to 2.4Ghz band, so I am wondering if this perhaps have something to do with it, due to Google Wifi's great (although a little atyppically) automatic switching between bands.
I understand it that Google Wifi runs both bands at the same time and as the same network/SSID, and allows devices to connect to either 2.4 or 5, and will automatically switch the devices between them to get the greatest connection at all times, if the devices support both bands.
However as i understand these switches only support 2.4 band, they should be able to connect to that band, and stay there.

But i am only able to setup a plug once in every 10 attempts or so, and when it finally happens i am not allowed to activate remote control, which is required for my google home to control them.
I keep getting a message that i should connect to my home network to enable remote control, but I am already on my home network.
Some times i instead get a message saying "“Device is bound to another user account”, which seems strange as i believe i only have 1 account.

I think i tried to start over on resetting the plug about 50 times yesterday, and it is still not working.

Does anyone have any experience getting this to work with Google Wifi, or know for a fact why this would not be able to work ?

Thank you.
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS110 compatible with Google Wifi router (802.11ac true dualband) ?
2017-06-06 15:17:14
Okay..im giving up on this crap. Never bought tech as un-user friendly as this...Returning all of them.
Options
2017-06-06 22:05:14
Were you able to figure out if the devices connected to your wifi (the LED stops flashing)? I would think yes, as it'll see the 2.4GHz band only. But I would not be surprised if your phone or the app can't see the device once it does connect as the phone will most likely connect to the 5GHz signal. The app will see the same SSID and think the devices aren't connected. (This is why, in my app, I don't depend on multicast to find them as multicast usually doesn't flow between the bands.)

I don't know how to work around problem - on other routers the approach is to use different SSID names and then force the phone onto the 2.4GHz band. Hopefully someone else here knows how to make it work with google wifi.
Options
2017-06-07 02:37:48
My HS105s are on the 2.4 band, and my android phone and iPad Are on the 5 band. Everything works fine.
Options
2017-06-07 14:34:24
Mine too 'cause I configured it, but many (in fact most from what I could see based on helping folks with their wemos) routers do not pass multicast between bands/segments. You might double check your phone is connecting with them locally as I think Kasa switches seamlessly to remote if it doesn't see the switches locally. But in any case, during setup it can be a problem - something to check if it's not working.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 4

Related Articles