What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?

Released On: 2018-11-27 07:25:43Last update time: 2024-02-29 11:14:11

Generally, you can control the Kasa device both locally and remotely once set it up successfully. "Locally" refers to when your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Kasa device. On the other hand, "remotely" refers to when you connect to a different network.

Case 1. If you can't control the Kasa device locally:
1. Reboot the Kasa device for a try.

2. Ensure your router has an internet connection. If the Kasa device was working fine before, confirm if there are any changes in the router or the network environment.

3. Move your Kasa device closer to the router.

4. Try to factory reset the Kasa device and reconfigure it.

Case 2. If you can't control the Kasa device remotely:
1. Ensure you can control the Kasa device locally, otherwise, refer to Case 1 to troubleshoot.

2. Check if "Remote Control" is enabled on the Kasa app for your device.
Why can't I enable Remote Control on the Kasa APP?

3. If there is no remote control option on the Kasa app for your device, or the remote control option is enabled already, please ensure the internet on your phone is working properly.
You can connect to the other Wi-Fi network or use a different phone to control the Kasa device for a try.

4. Verify if your router is still working, turn off the Firewall on your router if there is, change the DNS server on your router for a try, and reboot the router to make the changes take effect.

For detailed troubleshooting tips, please refer to the link below.
What should I do if I cannot control my Kasa device?

Comment

Guten Tag. Meine HS110 stellen nach Ende der Sommerzeit nicht auf die normal Zeit zurück. Es wird jetzt also eine Stunde zu früh geschaltet. Snchronisierung des Standortes brachte keine Veränderung. Was kann ich tun?

Good day. My HS110 do not reset to normal time after daylight saving time has ended. So it is now switched one hour early. Synchronization of the location brought no change. What can I do?

Vielen Dank.

when ever i tried to connect with my device its working fine but most of my work are on this site  and whenever i open this site its showing no response if you find any way of fixation please let me know also.

Feer fir

Thanks sharing. 

Every time I tried to connect with my device, it worked perfectly, however the majority of my work is stored on this website, and whenever I access it, it displays a message that says there is no response. If you find a way to fix this problem, please let me know as well. cookie clicker

My wifi user block 

upload
    upload