What Type of MicroSD Card does Tapo/Kasa Camera Support?

Released On: 2023-12-24 08:57:39Last update time: 2024-04-04 09:24:10

The choice of a microSD card depends on several factors. Here are general guidelines to help you choose a suitable microSD card:

1. Endurance Rating: MicroSD cards, like other flash memory, have a limited lifespan. Choose a card with high endurance for constant video recording.

2. Capacity: Consider a microSD card with a capacity that meets your storage needs. Higher resolutions and frame rates result in larger file sizes. Tapo cameras support a minimum capacity of 8GB, and each model may have varying maximum SD card capacities, typically not exceeding 512GB. Check the specific product parameters for details.

3. Class Rating: MicroSD cards are classified by speed class, such as Class 10, UHS Speed Class, or Video Speed Class. We recommend choosing at least a Class 10 or higher-rated card for stable camera read/write performance.

Memory Card Buying Tips:

1) Always make sure to buy from an authorized seller. Be careful about cheap SD cards. Do not buy used or refurbished SD cards.

2) Due to the diversity of quality of the microSD card, we cannot guarantee the microSD card you purchased would be 100% compatible with our Tapo/Kasa camera. We recommend you test the microSD card instantly after your purchase. We are not obliged to offer any RMA or help to troubleshoot your microSD card. To verify Fake MicroSD Card, please refer to How to Verify Fake Micro SD Cards.

3) Pay attention to the Operating Temperature of the SD card, which can usually be found in the Specifications.

4) microSD cards have a limited read and write lifespan. Replace microSD cards once every few years to reduce potential failure. Select High/Max Endurance microSD cards specifically designed for your home security cameras or dash cam to ensure stable performance of the camera.

5) Based on our lab test results, sorry to tell that Samsung EVO is not supported on all cameras.

Note: 
With Loop Recording enabled, the MicroSD card will automatically overwrite the previously recorded videos from the beginning when it become full.

For specific details on supported microSD cards, refer to this article: What Type of microSD card does Tapo/Kasa Camera Support?

Comment

I recently purchased and ibstalled my C425 with a 512GB micro sd card.

i can view the actual situation vua the c425 verg well

If some motion has been detected the camera starts recording

i can see all the mition induced recirdings on the sheet includung the first screenshot

However if I click on the revirding i wantvto view i can only look at the last 5 seconds or so whilevthe tecirfibg indicates f.i. 18 seconds

How to solve this??

upload
    upload