Keep it up Kasa!

How I Met Kasa:

I have always been good with technology. Setting up computers and peripherals, networks, was always fun for me because it was a challenge when it was a new type of device, so once I began hearing about Smart Tech, I had to know more. I cannot remember why I eventually decided to purchase Kasa's Smart Bulbs, it was probably a mixture of price and the quality of the reviews (and this website). If I remember correctly the only other "main" company that was making them at the time was Philips and not only were their's more expensive, but they also require a specific Hub. Once I received the Bulb my brain starting turning, "Ok, how does this thing work? I know that putting it into the light socket will give it power, but how am I going to connect to it to control it. Wi-Fi! Brilliant, my house is covered in Wi-Fi which I manage and I know the signal is fine here." I am not sure if they had the QR code system yet, but either way, the setup was simple. I was/am using one of the Bulbs in my ceiling fan and I had a habit of always flicking the power switch off when I left my room because it is right by the door. Well, that killed the power to Bulb and kept making me feel like an idiot, but thanks to the way they were designed if you cut the power off and you cannot control them via the app or hub all you need to do is to turn the power back on and wait about 15 seconds and they will be back. Anyone that has set up a Smart device knows that the process the first time can be annoying, depending on the company, so it is a relief not to have to go through that process any time the Bulbs lose power. I purchased that first Bulb from Kasa and every other Smart device since.

Afterthought:

All of the Smart Tech that is out and coming out has one MAJOR flaw, in my opinion, they all rely on Alexa in some fashion. Why is this an issue? Well, why are there not more "Alexa-like" devices other than the Google Assistant (Apple's Home doesn't count)? That is a question I would actually like to know the answer to because it seems to me the newer Amazon Echo devices perform worse than their older versions. I have a Show, Dot 3rd Gen and Dot 2nd Gen and the 2nd Gen is the one that works the best. Also, it does not have an obnoxiously large plug where there was once a USB. 

--<Sly>--

Comment

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions