New Tapo APP for Pad Devices -- App Lanscape Mode!

New Tapo APP for Pad

Early Access

This is a piece of exciting news for many Tapo users, we're happy to announce that Tapo App is going to support Pad devices! If you are a tablet user or seek a larger screen experience, don't miss out on this early access opportunity!

Tapo for Pad, not only adapts to Pad devices, supporting landscape mode, but also introduces a range of new features to streamline your smart home management. It's going to transform your tablet into a powerful smart home control center, putting everything you need right at your fingertips.

▶▶  Innovative Dashboard◀◀

☑ Smart Home Center

Have quick access to all your devices on the Home page to turn/off devices or check device status.

☑ System Control

Categorize your devices into different systems, such as lighting and environmental control. This allows you to conveniently control all devices within a system with one tap. 

▶▶ Big Screen Experience ◀◀

☑ Camera Monitoring

• Full-Screen Layout: Unlock the benefits of a bigger screen to better check the Live View, Playback, and Download pages.
  • Multi-Cam Live View: Effortlessly monitor 1, 4, 6, or 9 cameras simultaneously, providing a comprehensive view of your surroundings.

☑ Robot Vacuum Map

• Quick Cleaning: Go to your map by tapping the bottom tab and start cleaning.
  • Quickly Check Cleaning Progress: Check the current cleaning progress by tapping the bottom tab.

▶▶ Strong Compatibility ◀◀

Seamlessly adapts to various Pad sizes, ensuring optimal display and functionality. Easily switch between the landscape and portrait modes to adjust to your preference.

▶▶ More to Explore ◀◀

We will continue to launch new features during the beta test, such as customizing card sizes on the Home page and other new features to the dashboard. Please stay tuned.

Click to Join Early Access!

Notes

• The beta version will replace the official app.
  • You can retrieve the official version from the App Store or Google Play if you are not satisfied with the beta. Your feedback is invaluable. We’d love to hear it!
  • If there are any updates to the app during the beta test, we will let you know via push notifications.
  • While trying the beta, you will not be able to subscribe to a new Tapo Care Plan. You can continue your subscription when the official app is released. Already subscribed users will not be affected.
Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Comment

@Wayne-TP 
Hi!
I wonder if there is 3D Dashboard? Like the image below (from TP-Link website):

That looks so cool, and if so, will this feature available on phone devices?

@NguyenKhoi 

The 3D dashboard is not available in the early beta stage, probably will be added in the subsequent beta versions. Or, it might be introduced until the production version.

At the moment, we don't know whether this will be supported on phone devices. Initial design is for pad devices.

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.

Hello, I registered for the beta version a few weeks ago. Now i have received my iPad that I want to use for this. But when I install the tapo app I get tapo 3.0 version and not the beta version. Is there anything I can do myself to install the beta version on my iPad?

Hello, I registered for the beta version a few weeks ago. Now i have received my iPad that I want to use for this. But when I install the tapo app I get tapo 3.0 version and not the beta version. Is there anything I can do myself to install the beta version on my iPad?

@The_chosen_one The test has not yet begun. If there are any updates, the content of this article will be updated accordingly, so you can keep an eye on it.

By the way, did you submit the test application in the community? It seems I didn't receive any PM from you.

Hi,

Unfortunately the beta display doesn't work well on  Samsung Fold4. Previously we were able to view the live and recorded using the full screen however with the beta, the screen opens up tiny, won't fill the screen with no option. We view in portrait and landscape but the beta views you can't see much at all. 

Unfortunately the feedback form is no allowing me to upload screenshots

Many thanks

Freue mich die Beta testen zu können 

Hello everyone, we're excited to inform you that the testing has begun! 

Please be noted that there's an update on how to participate. Now you can join this early access directly by clicking the hyperlink at the end of this article!

Love it!

First impressions:

Finally more columns!

Device pop-ups should be wider in landscape mode.

In the left panel, there should be a category for sensors.

The German translation for switches is not Wechseln, but Schalter.

My KE100s are still missing...

Hi aroedl,

da du wahrscheinlich aus Deutschland kommst, schreibe ich auf Deutsch. Ich werde aber eine Übersetzung anhängen, für den Rest ;-)

Bei mir wurden die KE100 komplett erkannt und funktionieren auch traumhaft.

Hattest du sie vorher per Kasa-App eingebunden und diese in den Apps verknüpft?

Also unter ICH > Tapo mit Kasa verknüpfen?

Das hat bei mir wunderbar geklappt...

Was leider noch nicht geht, die KE100 auf einen Tapo Hub umzuschlüsseln. Vielleicht kommt das ja noch.

Dann könnte ich die Raumthermometer und Fensterkontakte nutzen.

Aktuell überlege ich die alle händisch auf den Kasa-Hub umzuresetten, damit ich sie vollumfänglich nutzen kann.

Und ein Traum wäre es noch, wenn man für die 110er Steckdosen eine bestimmte Leistung als Auslöser nutzen könnte.

Ich nutze sie als Messgerät für ein Balkonkraftwerk und würde darüber bei genug Leistung etwas schalten...

Zu den Abmessungen innerhalb der App gebe ich dir Recht, das sollte nochmalös angepasst werden.

Aber es ist schön, Fortschritt zu sehen!!!

Beste Grüße Peter

In English:

Hi aroedl,

Since you're probably from Germany, I'm writing in German. But I'll include a translation for everyone else. ;-)

For me, the KE100 were fully recognized and work perfectly.

Did you set them up via the Kasa app first and link them in the apps?

In "ME" > Link Tapo with Kasa?

That worked perfectly for me...

What still isn't possible is switching the KE100 to a Tapo hub. Maybe that's coming.

Then I could use the room thermometers and window contacts.

At the moment, I'm considering manually resetting them all to the Kasa hub so I can use them fully.

And it would be a dream if we could use a certain power level as a trigger for the 110 outlets.

I use them as a measuring device for a balcony solar power system and would like to switch things on or off if the power output is sufficient.

Regarding the dimensions within the app, I agree with you; it should be adjusted again.

But it's nice to see progress!!!

Best regards,
Peter

To make it short:

Never used the Kasa App, everything is connected to the Tapo H100 hub, not the Kasa KH100 hub. KE100s are connected to the temperature and contact sensors.

Everything worked fine, but out of the blue the devices disappeared. Nothing has changed on my side. I can see the devices in the old version of the Tapo app, my wife can see them as shared devices in her app (current stable version).

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions