Ghost house with HS100 smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-01 13:53:52 - last edited 2019-01-01 13:54:56

Hi all,

I bought a HS100 smartplug and a Google Home (mini) to control the lightings in my house by voice. I use the kasa app.

This all works like a charm, no complaints there

My ex-wife has the same setup at here place (same smartplug, same Google Home device, but different wifi network of course).

Now the children, while their voice is recognised on both Google Home devices, can control both smartplugs at both locations.

When they are at my place they can turn off/on my ex-wife's lightings, and mine when they are at her place.

Apart from the ideal situation for a prank, this sounds like a security issue between Google Home and kasa app.

Somebody who can shed some light on this?

Greetings,

Milko

Options
3 Reply
Re:Ghost house with HS100 smart plug
2019-01-03 03:18:14
Are you all using the same Kasa account? Are you using the same Amazon account? Ryan
Options
Re:Re:Ghost house with HS100 smart plug
2019-01-04 20:06:50

Hi Ryan,

I have my own kasa account and so does she.

The kids don't have one. They have only control over the smartplug through the Google Home device.

We all have our own Google account. Only the kids are connected to both Google Home devices.

(but of course not at the same time since they are in different wifi networks)

None of us have an amazone account (what is that good for? cheeky)

Gr. Milko

Options
Re:Re:Re:Ghost house with HS100 smart plug
2019-01-09 08:14:37

That's really weird. 

You've named them separately, right? If you turn on/off the plug at your location, would it do anything to the plug at your ex-wife's? If not, then I don't get it. How come voice control through Google Home will function on different devices at different locations. 

Maybe Google has the answer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1001

Replies: 3

Related Articles