C310 - Maximum limit of devices = 2, not 4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-13 18:44:23
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Googling gave me that a maximum of 4 devices can stream one camera feed. My neighbors who has the same make and model claim they can do this just fine with their one camera.

My camera (in a chicken coop) can only be accessed by one device at a time. If I'm watching and the kids start the app to access the same camera they get the "max device limit" message. 

We are all logged in on the same account, the one I used for creating the Tapo ID. I have made a Camera Account since I had an old Synology NAS I wanted to play around with, and that worked fine - it's recording the stream so yeah, I guess one person can use the Tapo app and the NAS is also "watching" - taking another slot. Don't know if the NAS recording somehow counts for more than one "device"?

Edit: Deactivating the NAS recording seem to have freed up one "device slot", so now two people can watch the C310 simultaneously, but it's 2 - not 4.

Basically, what the heck have I missed? I've collected the kids phones to make sure they aren't somehow hogging a stream, but the app doesn't seem to work that way. Seem to have the same settings as my neighbor. Gaahhhrrr!

Thanks in advance!

Options