Votes

(Tapo cams) Store multiple wifi creds, or easy way to switch wifi

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Need to change Wifi SSID without resetting the Cameras. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 10:00:37 - last edited 2024-07-22 09:33:19
Tags: #WiFi
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.16

I've been using this camera for various purposes. Mostly, at present, for keeping an eye on our very timid new rescue dog. It's a great little product, but there's one feature I find very annoying.

Because of the nature of where we live, we have three different WiFi stations. Phones etc don't seem to be smart at using the nearest one, so we've given them different network names. If the connection is poor, I can quickly check if it's using the right one, and switch it if not.

But the only way to switch the wifi network on the C200 is to do a complete reset, and set it all up again. If I move the camera from monitoring the dog in the garden, to keeping an eye on her at night, I either have to go through that whole process again; or put up with a shaky connection.

So feature request, either:

- best: able to set several WiFi profiles, use the app to switch between at will; on power-up, camera selects the strongest one.

- minimal: use the app to reset WiFi details

Thanks for consideration!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 130

Replies: 0

Tags

WiFi