KP105/KP115 - local only not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-05 10:33:34
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

Not impressed with TP-Link support. I wrote to them on 23 September with a query (below) and although I got an 'email read' acknowledgment, I've had no reply.

=========

I have several KP105 smart plugs and have recently added a KP115 smart plug with power monitoring.

Prior to adding the KP115, everything was working as expected. I chose not to make use of the remote control feature and so blocked access to the internet for the KP105 smart plugs. In the Kasa app (on Android), the KP105s work exactly as they should but are labelled as "Local only" due to not being able to access TP-Link's servers (I presume).

I wanted to do the same for the KP115 but it quickly became apparent that the power monitoring does not work correctly without having internet access. With internet access disabled, the "Current Power" reading is displayed as expected but all of the other five fields are stuck at zero. After enabling internet access for the KP115, all fields are now updating correctly.

Can you confirm that my analysis above is correct and that internet access is required to allow accumulation of the data? Assuming so, why is this? I would be surprised if there were insufficient space in the KP115's memory to allow accumulation of the data locally? I control access to my home network very carefully and I would really rather prefer to be able to disable web access for the KP115 as well as the KP105s unless and until I require the remote control functionality.
=========

Anyone had any more luck getting a response from support?

Options
1 Reply
Re:KP105/KP115 - local only not working
2022-10-11 22:44:42

Still no response from TP-Link support - most disappointing.

No comments here, either - I thought someone might have a view or opinion.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 1

Related Articles