Votes

2 Minute time out on live feeds in Tapo and VIGI Android apps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-29 20:56:39
Model: Tapo C320WS   Tapo C310   Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.21

I have set up 4 Tapo cameras around my home to run for home security and have found that when I am away from home on mobile data checking the video feed using the "Tapo" Android app, the live feed running the 4 camers times out every 2 minutes and asks if I want to continue viewing.  Yes I want to continue viewing, that's why I bought the cameras and a tablet to view them on.

Feeling like the Tapo cameras had been a waste because of this feature I bought a VIGI NVR1008H and a 4TB hard drive, set that up and have that recording the stream from all 4 Tapo cameras but I was shocked to find that even if I am viewing the same 4 camera feed on the VIGI app even on my home wifi, the same network as the VIGI NVR is on, I get the same 2 minute time out question if I want to continue viewing.  YES I WANT TO CONTINUE VIEWING!

Please, please, please include an option in BOTH of these apps to disable the 2 minute time out while viewing the stream from the cameras on a mobile device, whether using mobile data, on a different wifi network or even the home wifi network.

I have an unlimited data plan so you don't need to worry about how much data I use but even if I didn't have unlimited data it's my choice whether to use my data to view my security camer feed so please give me the option to disable that annoying 2 minute timer!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 283

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.