Tapo IP camera connected on OneMesh range extender for VIGI NVR

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 03:21:52
Model: Tapo C200   RE505X   VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi to all,

I need help in IP camera and NVR setup.

I would like to setup the 6 units Tapo C200 IP camera to the VIGI NVR1016H. The 3 Tapo IP cameras directly connected to TPLink AX1500 wireless router and the other 3 IP camera will be connected to a RE505X OneMesh range extender (Which is also connected to TPLink AX1500 wireless router as OneMesh extender). 

The setup will be like this. Please note that there is only one TPLink AX1500 router. I just detailed the connection of each camera.

VIGI NVR1016H-----LAN----->TPLink AX1500------WIFI-----Tapo C200 IP camera

VIGI NVR1016H-----LAN----->TPLink AX1500------WIFI-----RE505X OneMesh-----WIFI------Tapo C200 IP camera

As mentioned in the VIGI NVR1016H manual, the IP camera should be connected with the same router as the VIGI NVR1016H. Will the VIGI NVR detect the 3 cameras connected to the OneMesh? I would like to know before I buy the RE505X OneMesh range extender.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo IP camera connected on OneMesh range extender for VIGI NVR
2022-11-30 03:14:37

@Esetech 

The devices under the OneMesh network are on the same network no matter which network device they're connecting to (router or extender). The VIGI NVR will detect the Tapo camera if they're under the same network. 

You can refer to this FAQ to create Camera account for the Tapo camera in advanced. How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Remind: Due to the limited hardware performance of the camera itself, Tapo Care works best with one of the NVR or SD card recordings. 

If you are using an SD card and Tapo Care at the same time, the NVR(RTSP/ONVIF) will be disabled.

To restart the recording on the NVR, please remove the SD card from the camera.

From General Questions about the Tapo Camera --Q3.4

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 1

Related Articles